Chapter 20 - I'm Happy

It was two weeks later and now Joshaya was on their way back to LA.
Of course Shawn and Katy weren't impressed with Maya since they wanted her to stay a little longer but unfortunately her time in New York was done.

"Why don't you guys stay another week or so?" Shawn asked.
"Because Heather needs me back this Friday for a show. You guys know I have my own life in Malibu now. I have to go on with that life now," Maya said.
"Luckily your father isn't Cornelius Matthews. My dad is having some bad issues with letting me go to Texas with Lucas even if it is for college," Riley said.
"What are you gonna study?" Josh asked.
"Teaching of course. I wanna say sorry. I was an idiot thinking I can control were you go study. And I'm sorry for what I said last week. You waited a long time for this and I'm happy for you," Riley said.
"Thanks Riles. And you are welcome to come visit me anytime. Just give me a call. And Lucas better take care of you. If I hear he is treating you badly be is gonna get to do with me," Maya said.
"With your uncle as well. Listen we have to go otherwise we are gonna miss our flight," Josh said.
"Okay. I'll call you guys when we get to the airport," Maya said and they were gone.

Here they go.
Once again to continue their lives as it was before they came to New York.
But Maya couldn't be more glad that they did come to New York for awhile.
She made peace with Riley and now she also got to see her parents.
Even if everything was strain between her and Riley now everything is okay.