Chapter 16 - Riley

It was the next day as well as a blazing Tuesday, August afternoon.
Maya and Josh enjoyed most of the day on the beach and when they got back to the house Josh booked the flight tickets to New York because neither felt like driving two days to get there and then they would anyway just be late.
Josh also arranged like transportation from the airport to Cory's place which would be Cory chaperoning them.

"Okay they have a flight at nine the morning. So we have to drive at about six here then we'll be landing at around half past two and we'll be in Greenwich Village at around four," Josh said.
"Perfect. I'm just letting your brother know. I'm gonna surprise my mom and Riley. Just Shawn and your brother knows. I can't believe we are actually doing this. We are flying to New York for a week. I can be lucky Heather said I can go," Maya said.
"Yeah we can. But anyway how do you think Riley is gonna act?"

Maya has been pretty good at hiding how she thinks Riley is going to take everything but in the end she'll have to talk about it.
She was going to see her in a few hours and goodness knows how that will end.

"I don't know. I honestly can't tell you because I have no idea," Maya said.
"It's fine. Not like we're in a hurry with that," Josh said.