Chapter 17 - Who?

It was five o'clock New York time and Topanga was trying to keep just about everything a secret.
Her husband wasn't great with secrets so of course she knew about Josh and Maya.
But how was Riley going to take it?

"Is Cory going to take long? I don't want them showing up here and then we're unprepared. Neither do I want them to end up waiting," Shawn said.
"Calm down. Joshaya will get here on time," Topanga said.
"Who's Joshaya Mom?" Riley asked.
"Someone who I know," Shawn said.
"Oh."

~

"It is so great seeing you two," Cory said as he gave his brother a hug.
"Nice seeing you too Bro," Josh said.
"Maya how are ya?" Cory asked.
"I'm good. How are you?" Maya asked receiving a hug.
"Very good. Just wish my daughter wasn't going to Texas but awe. Let's go. I can't wait for you guys to see the rest," Cory said.
"Who knows?" Maya asked.
"Me, Shawn and Topanga. Have you talked to Riley since graduating?" Cory asked.
"No. Maybe everything will be better of now."

~

"Cory is here with Joshaya," Topanga said.
"What? I thought she said she's way too busy with her shows to visit," Katy said.
"Okay enough. Who the hell are you talking about?" Riley asked.

"I bring guests," Cory said and Katy embraced Maya.
"Welcome home Baby Girl."
"Thanks Mom," Maya said and her eyes met Riley's.
"Maya!" Auggie said running to the girl.
"Hey bud. Happy birthday," Maya said.

"Why did you drag one of your clients here Uncle Josh?" Riley asked.
"I'm not one of his clients. Hi Riley," Maya said.
"According to his Instagram you are. You guys did the shoot last month," Riley said.
"Yeah my boss wanted to do press for my shows. And coincidentally is your uncle a photographer but I'm not one of his clients," Maya said and Riley suddenly realized something.
"Joshaya. The romantic pairing of Joshua Matthews and Maya Hunter. You guys are together," Riley said.
"Yeah we are," Maya said and Riley's eyes widened.