Chapter 18 - What!

"What? Why do you look like a ghost? Your parents must have told at some point," Maya said.
"No. You guys knew? How long have you guys been dating?" Riley asked.
"Just over a month," Maya said.
"That is crazy. You always said she is too young," Riley said.
"Thank goodness I didn't stick to that. No we have been going out quite awhile," Josh said.
"So he is maintaining you. Just like I thought," Riley said.
"Actually... I am a singer. I sing at a club for teens every Friday maybe even more. My boss gave me off so I could come here. I'm doing just fine on my own," Maya said.
"Why did you do that?" Josh asked and Riley sighs.

"Told him, did ya?" Riley asked.
"Of course I did. I have nothing to hide from him and he wanted to know from the beginning why I was running away from you. I'm not going to hide anything from him," Maya said.
"I anyway think I would have found out another way because both your and Maya's father has been giving me info on the disaster," Josh said.
"I thought you knew about us. Didn't you tell her Cory?" Maya asked.
"No I didn't. Didn't think she has to know after what she did to you," Cory said.
"Guys that isn't fair," Maya said.
"Congrats. You got what you wanted," Riley said and Maya went out of this apartment.
"Nice going Riley," Josh said and went behind Maya.