Chapter 13 - Feelings

It was the Monday and Maya still couldn't believe she sang her first concert just three days ago.
It's like crazy and she still has the adrenaline pumping through her veins.
The one downer of this all is since she's been seeing Josh a bit more over the weekend all her old feelings are starting to surface again.
All those child feelings she had when she was thirteen is coming back and it's not a very big deal but she is kinda feeling a bit like she can't do anything without thinking about him.
And suddenly Josh feels different about Maya as well.
He always thought of her as a child but now that she is eighteen he sees her in a total different way that he had never seen her before.

"Already rehearsing?" Josh asked and sat down next to Maya.
"Yeah. Or I try. We need to talk."

Josh's pov

Why does it feel like she took those words out of my mouth?
Exactly what I was going to say, she just came first.

"Yeah I think so. What is going on at your side?" Josh asked.
"I'm guessing the same as you. Josh it's no use hiding the connection we made over the weekend. I felt it and I'm pretty sure you felt it as well. We can't hide it even if we want to," Maya said.
"When did you become so smart? I know what you're saying is correct. But what is going to happen after awhile? There is..."
"Still the three year age difference. You drive me crazy, you know that?" Maya said and Josh looked at her.

His face expression was something between in what way and are you serious.
But Maya didn't give him time to say anything.

"How long have you come with that excuse? Five years. And it truly is crazy. What is the use? Why do you do that?" Maya said.
"Stop."
"Is it just some kind of excuse that you throw so your family doesn't say anything or do you really have nothing better to tell me?"
"Maya stop," Josh said.
"For what? You pull the same trick every single time I see..."

Before Maya could say anything else Josh grabbed her face and kissed her.
The kiss was long around eight seconds.
By the time Josh pulled away Maya was speechless.
They looked in each other's blue eyes before putting their heads against each other.
Neither knows what to do and they know they want to pull themselves together.
But how?