💗2💗

Mercy's picture above ✓

CHAPTER TWO

EDITED

IDARA'S POV

Life is different everywhere. there are different lifestyles, different beliefs but there's always a bad person and a good one.

Liz kept on talking about all what her classmates have done, oh not just classmates, the queens or what did she call them. And they were the bad person at this school.

With their bully acts and over flaunt of money and in Liz's words they think they run the school.

I really pray that we should not cross ways because I did not like being involved with people like that. Or being in the spotlight generally. I was more of a nerdy person so troubles like or in this case, people with trouble like that I simply avoid them.

Immediately she finished talking about them a girl entered the class, she looked good too, well as the saying "money makes everyone look good."

Immediately Liz saw her she stood up and ran to hug her and then dragged her to our seat, she muttered greetings to those at the first two rows and they greeted back.

When they finally got here the girl placed her bag in the seat in front of us. oh, they must be friends, what am I saying, they were friends.

"Angel this is Idara, Idara this is Angel." Liz introduced.

Angel smiled "wow you look so beautiful." she sounded so nice and I could not help but blush at the compliment, it is not every time someone says you look beautiful.

I grinned at her "thanks you too."

Angel sat down and turned to face us with a big smile on her face,

Liz asked her,

"How was Dubai? " she grinned

"It was great I got you some stuff. "

"Really, wow, I got you some stuff from Miami too."

I was silently praying that no one should notice me, but they did, they both looked at me. I took in a breath, praying to God that I shouldn't embarrass myself on the first day of school.

"Where did you travel to for your summer holiday?" Liz asked excited,
If it was my former school everyone will be talking about their village but here, they were talking about Miami and all. Total different lifestyles.

I sighed and looked at them "I have not traveled out of Nigeria yet."

I expected something like a disappointed look or at worst the whole class should burst out laughing but no they were grinning, and the rest of the class were busy catching up too not even thinking about a new girl,

" well you are lucky we are going on an excursion next month before the preparation of the SS3 exams." Angel said

"yeah to South Africa. I have been there once or twice." Liz added.

I guess I heard the admin woman tell my dad about an excursion and it was also part of the school fees that meant I was going. I grinned and asked them "excursion to where?" "To South Africa." they said at once and we all squealed.

They were really great company and were welcoming. they were making my first day at a new school really good. When I first got here, I thought I would be a loner or something. But within just one hour I was already laughing and talking so freely with them and it felt great.