10

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu though about the scene from the night before, the brown bear had fell sleep leaving only an emptied glass jaw of honey.

Did that bear steal her backpack?

Realizing this, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu quickly closed her eyes to examine her space.

Fortunately, everything else was still in the space.

Only the things she had left in her backpack for easy access—the compass, flashlight and cellphone—were missing.

Although she could now directly access the space without having to go through her backpack, the cellphone was her only contact in the other world, the compass was to identify direction, and the flashlight was used to illuminate the night. Each was very important.

What was that bear doing with her bag?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu remained puzzled, looking towards the entrance of the cave.

The snowstorm was over, revealing the circumstances of the outside world.

The whole forest was covered in a layer of white, a thick pile of snow had accumulated on the tree, and the snow had even broken some branches.

Silver and white adorned everything in sight, the snow boundless.

The snow had yet to stop and cold wind floated snowflakes into the cave, making her tremble all over from cold.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu ate two pieces of chocolate to supplement heat but also took a men’s windbreaker from the space to drape over her. The large coat was a bit wide on her and almost reached her ankles, but it wrapped around her entire body and blocked most of the cold.

Because their trip was during autumn, only a few of the class had brought thicker clothes. This coat belonged to Liù Qí Chāng.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had also asked, “What’s with the windbreaker, is it really necessary?”

Liù Qí Chāng, while reading a book, faintly replied, “The mountains are cold at night, just in case.”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu now thought it was necessary, very necessary.

At her side, the little leopard’s voice interrupted her train of thought.

She did not know when he had woken up and walked over to her. But he had his two forelegs on her feet and was lifting his head to look at her with faint blue eyes.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu thought he was hungry, considered it no more, and directly pulled a carton of milk from her space. She took out a pair of scissors and cut it open to place in front of him.

After finishing this series of actions, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s movement became rigid, realizing that she had just done something wrong.

Just now, she didn’t have her backpack to cover it up??

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu: “. . .”

Although she was not as cautious in front of the leopard as she was with Eric, she still deliberately hid everything in her backpack and didn’t take things out from her space brazenly.