31

Ryan’s voice was accompanied in the doorway by the cold wind, causing Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu to involuntarily quiver.

Her entire body was startled into alertness.

“I’m fine. . .” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s white arms wrapped around her chest, her face rosy red, and she wished she could shrink into nothingness.

She had not thought that Ryan would suddenly break in. She had just turned to pick up her clothes when she accidentally kicked down the wooden stool and cried out. The sound hadn’t even ended yet when he broke in the door.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could not respond, the figure in the doorway tall and large, profound facial features peering in from the night, his eyes dark and shining.

——There was a strong oppression there, and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had forgotten she was facing a leopard.

“I, I just accidentally kicked over the stool . .”

The huts here had no way to lock the doors.

After these days of getting along, she had gained some trust in Ryan. Additionally, the filth her body was too much to deal with. She hadn’t let herself worry too much and used a wooden stool to press behind the door.

Now, that stool had fallen on its side and she was embarrassed under Ryan’s gaze.

This naked encounter was not conducive to her. Her knitted jacket was on the table in front of her so she covered her chest and reached forward with one hand, quickly grabbing the clothes to put on. . .

But the floor was slippery and she was too flustered. With an unsteady skid of her foot, she began to fall backward.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu closed her eyes and protected her belly, waiting for that moment of hitting the ground——

But, without warning, she fell instead onto a spacious and warm chest.

She did not know when Ryan had moved from the door, but was now holding her shoulder and waist, rolling her entire body into his arms.

He was wearing beast leather that exposed most of his chest and his body temperature was much higher than hers. The cool and hot giving sharp contrast.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu blinked and looked at Ryan’s face. Stunned, red stretched across her cheeks all the way to the tips of her ears, her whole brain boiling with heat.

She was dressed from the waist up, but nothing underneath. . . her legs were pressed to his thighs. . .

“Let me go! Get out. . .”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s face was red for a while. In Ryan’s arms, she desperately struggled but his arms were like iron rod, and the more she struggled, the tighter it got.

Worried she would hurt herself, Ryan picked her up and walked to the bed.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu wanted to cry but she was without tears, and she tightly pulled the knit sweater over her lower body. Once Ryan set her on the bed, she desperately shrunk towards the corner.

But she couldn’t, Ryan’s hand on her shoulder nailing her to the spot.

“Don’t move.” She just struggled so much and almost fell backward. Ryan checked the wound on her belly to make sure it hadn’t cracked open.