42

*Warning: Keep in mind during this chapter that Ryan has no point of reference for Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s humanness. He gets a little pushy in this chapter, unwanted even, but! He backs off when she lays down her rules by the end. And for that, I can only say he’s trying really hard to accommodate her, even if he doesn’t understand, and she’s still too shocked to verbalize what’s wrong.

If you want to skip the potential trigger, skip the italics.*

The girl’s lips were soft and felt like clouds of honey, smelled like it too.

Perhaps she was frightened by Ryan’s unexpected movement, because her body froze and she forgot how to move.

Ryan kept pressed to the girl’s lips and extended his tongue to lick at them. But, contrary to what may be expected, he had never done something like this before.

An animal’s lust was very direct. Estrus then breeding then offspring. There were no need for any extra steps.

Ryan wanted to kiss Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and it was completely outside his instinctual behavior.
This small mouth that often chattered in front of him, making those sweet sounds. Happy to call him “Táo Táo,” or timidly calling him “Ryan,” or stubbornly saying she wanted to go home. He wanted to taste it, he wanted to taste it all.

It was sweeter than imagined.

Ryan was inexperienced with kisses, but he nipped and licked her lower lip for a bit.

Then, self-taught, he found his way in and her tongue behind her teeth, plunging into her mouth.

His barbed tongue gently scraped the tip of Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s and she quickly recovered herself, immediately pushing Ryan’s chest away.

Her face was flushed rose red and her hands weak with helplessness as she stared at Ryan with annoyance in her eyes, “You, you. . .”

The stinging on her tongue reminded her that she’d just been kissed by a leopard!

Ryan’s expression did not change, though there was a bit of regret. Wanting to continue, he licked the corner of his mouth and said, “Hmm?”

It was deep and heavy, like tasting an aftertaste.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu listened to his voice and inexplicably, her ears felt even hotter. She three away the gauze in her hand and climbed out of bed.

Unfortunately, her toes didn’t touch the ground before Ryan was again pulling at her wrist, twisting her in a spin and pulling her back onto the bed——

This time, Ryan firmly held her head and covered her lips with his, prying open her teeth and delving straight in.

The scent of the girl rushed free, and it was one not possessed by the females of his race.

Every man had an immeasurable skill in this respect. Ryan broke through the girl’s line of defense and captured every inch of her mouth, almost bullying her.

Meanwhile, his hand rested on her soft waist and couldn’t help inching upward.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu struggled and slammed a fist down on Ryan’s shoulder, angry and urgent.