15

“Do you have a map? Get me a map of this area.” Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu stood at the bow and spoke to the helmsman.

Vlad heard and quickly removed a map from the cabin and gave it to Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu pinched the edge of the map, her fingertips trembling, and forced herself to calm down, observing the map and their situation.

This was her first time seeing a sea map, and before she was just an ordinary sophomore science student.

She asked the helmsman, Vlad, about their current location and compared the distribution of the se map to confirm that they were only two kilometers away from the reef in front of them.

She looked up at the mast and determined it to be a two-masted sailboat.

Next, she worked to recall what her physics teacher had once said that the speed of this kind of ship was around 10-15 knots, equivalent to 1.8 kilometers an hour. That is to say. . .

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu mentally calculated and found that they only had 5-7 minutes left to avoid the reef.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu inhaled deep and placed her hand inside her jacket, removing her compass from her space under the cover of the coat.

Because the compass was small, this did not cause much concern.

The helmsman scowled miserably and his five facial features crunched, looking more like an uncivilized wolf as he urged, “Female, what is your solution? Hurry up and speak!”

At the same time, the wolves behind them were becoming more and more restless and they impatiently echoed:

Yeah, if we can’t safely bypass the reef, we’ll throw you into the water with the leopard.”

“Why are you still dawdling? Isn’t it that you can’t do anything about it and are just procrastinating to deceive the patriarch!”

“Stupid woman, if you dare to tease us. . .”

Holden stood not very far away, leaning back against the wall with his legs crossed, and he looked at Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu with casual eyes.

Listening to his race’s clansmen scolding the girl, he did not move.

When the girl spoke to him just now, he pondered for a while and agreed to her request.

Vlad was the most experienced helmsman on board the entire ship, and even he was at a loss what to do with other clasnmen on board.

Since the female said there was a way, let her try it once.

Best if she was successful, but in the event that she was unsuccessful. . .

Holden raised his hand and touched the traces of blood on the side of his face that was scratched by the leopard, and both his grin and eyes flashed with light.

To his surprise, the girl was much calmer than he expected.

To facilitate giving convenient directions, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu drew up a temporary dial map for Vlad, clearly marked with “1-12” like a clock, and she quickly taught him how to identify them.