34

That passage was fairly long and Suzanna said it quickly. Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could only understand the name “Holden”.

Holden??

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu definitely remembered who Holden was. When Táo Táo first broke onto the wolf tribe’s boat, she had to converse with the wolves to save him and on the condition of helping them through the reef, they let her and Táo Táo go.

And Holden was the patriarch of the wolves.
Was that the wolf territory back there?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu subconsciously looked back and saw behind the ancient trees, blotting out the sun and emanating gloom.

She was startled to see two glowing eyes.

There was nothing there a moment ago, and she started to feel that she had seen this place before.

Suzanna saw that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not speak and thought that she knew what she meant, so she sighed in relief and took her back to the tribe.

It was only when she returned to Ryan’s house that Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu remembered where that sense of familiarity came from.

The thick trees and dense leaves, the grotesque plants. . . they were the exact same as the ones she had first seen when she came to this continent.

She hurriedly took her backpack from her space and rummaged around for her cell phone, holding her finger to the power button and turning it on.

Since coming here, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had kept her phone off to preserve its battery so it still had power.

After a moment of its booting animation, she opened the album and brought up a few photos.

When she first came to this world, she engraved a thick trunk with four numbers “1002”. Whenever she lost her way in the forest, she would photograph each intersection and avoid taking the same path.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu now looked at them carefully. The trees in her photos were identical to the ones she saw today.

How could this be. . .

Did she get so turned around for so long she ended up back where she began?

Aware of this now, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could not speak for a long time.

When Bethan said it was very far from the east of Bornia, she had a bad feeling.

At the time, however, she only thought the road would be a little further away and had not expected fact to be so much more brutal than she imagined.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s throat was blocked up by something, choking with discomfort.

——She was getting farther away from her home.

She never thought that the leopards and wolves were only a single mountain apart.

Táo Táo knew she wanted to go east, so why did he bring her back here?

On one hand, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu wanted to blame Ryan for her predicament, but on the other hand, she knew that if he had not rescued her and brought her back, she would have been long dead and buried in the thick snow god knows where.