72(part2)

Driving from T city to S city, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu didn’t go straight home, first dropping by a nearby supermarket.

There wasn’t much food at home and Gǔn Gǔn’s cat food was almost finished. There was also some small household items that needed to be purchased.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and Ryan walked into the supermarket and it was rush hour, so there were many people in the market bustling about. You couldn’t walk to and from anywhere.

Fortunately, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu wasn’t in a hurry and she pushed the cart slowly alongside Ryan with an inexplicable sense of security.

This novel experience was one she had never had. Before, when Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and Ryan were together, it was a matter of hunting or be hunted.

Never had she thought they would walk hand in hand through the supermarket someday.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu took the items from the shelves as she walked and stuffed them into the shopping cart. Inattentively, a cart was rushing through the crowd and directly toward her.

By the time she noticed, it was too late and she was about to be hit by the cart when arms took her by the waist from behind and lifted her off the ground and to the side.

With only a “bang,” the shopping cart rammed into the shelves and the goods were scattered across the floor.

A mother led her child from across the way and constantly apologized toward Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and Ryan.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu didn’t know what to say. She and Ryan had nothing to do with it, so she just smiled and said, “It doesn’t matter.”

After that, there was no mood to continue visiting the supermarket so Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu and Ryan went to buy Gǔn Gǔn’s cat food, a pair of slippers, a toothbrush, towels, and other toiletries suitable for Ryan. Then they pushed the cart to the cashier ready to check out.

There were many people at the registers, and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu picked a relatively short line.
When it was their turn, the cashier set their account and politely asked, “Is there anything you need help with?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was ready to say, “No, thank you,” when Ryan’s low voice spoke up from the said, “Do you have a big one?”

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu: ??

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu followed the sound with her gaze and saw his was fixed low at the neatly arranged condoms on the shelves.

Not waiting for her reaction, the cashier nodded without his face changing in the slightest, “Yes, just a moment.”

Then he took a few different boxes and carefully laid them out for Ryan. This one was strawberry flavored, that one was banana flavored, and the other was spiral-patterned. . .

Ryan’s expression was unchanging as always when he selected one, then he turned his gaze to Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was petrified until Ryan curled his fingers and knocked her forehead, then she remembered to check out.

All the way to leaving the supermarket, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was still stupefied.

“Ryan, why. . .” Wasn’t he angry that she wanted to use a condom?