16

The snow in the forest had not melted yet and there was endless white everywhere.

Because the blizzard had come in fast, the leaves of the fir trees had not completely fallen off yet and snow covered the still green branches, as if someone poured a layer of cake icing over them.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s clothes were thin, but Holden had sent a goose down coat with her before she disembarked.

The goose down here was not as good as the 21st century, the outer layer wasn’t polyester, but for Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu, it was the best thing to keep warm.

She was not self-conscious toward Holden, thanks to the it. After all, no one could embarrass her over her body.

This coat ought to be based on Holden’s size.

Holden had said it was a coat jacket, but on her, the hem touched her knees and it was simply a very long coat.

Putting it on, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu felt much warmer.

She trampled the shallow depths of the snow, worried for the little leopard, and she wrapped him up inside with her, exposing only his furry head and little round ears.

Ryan was treated as a pet by her for days now, so his eyelids slid half shut, accustomed to it.

The girl’s body was still emitting that sweet scent, and without the disguise of the sachet, she attracted many of the foraging species along the way.

Ryan laid in Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s arms and, to the beastmen following them to the right, he drew back the corners of his mouth and exposed sharp teeth, his expression fierce.

His entire posture menacing.

Even if he was small now, the leopard’s prestige and power were unmatched.

In the distance, the antelope beastmen met Ryan’s fierce eyes and immediately retreating, turning and fleeing far.

Ryan’s tongue pressed against his teeth and he licked them slowly.

Suddenly though, a miserable feeling grew in his chest.

——

He was actually reduced to scaring away these cowardly herbivores.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not know what was in his heart, but she did see the many herivorous races that had smelled her body and followed her. She also saw when they discovered the leopard in her arms and ran off, she reached out to scratch his chin lightly, “Ah, how about I give you a name?”

All this way, she did not know his name and she didn’t know how to call him, and Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had already had this idea long ago.

Ryan lifted his eyelid but remained unmoved.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu became full of zest and began to speak, tilting her head askew, “《The Book of Songs》, said the nobleman Táo Táo, was harmony and happiness. Additionally, Táo Táo means to speed up, isn’t Táo Táo quite a good name for you? Not all leopards run fast, the name suits you.”

“. . .” Ryan endured and continued to endure, struggling to resist the urge to tell her his name.

What was Táo Táo? It sounded stupid.