63

【她的秘密 – Her Secret】

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu accompanied her mother in the hospital for a day and returned home that night. When she opened the door, out jumped a figure.

Gǔn Gǔn came over to her feet and took advantage of the owner who hadn’t returned in so long, acting spoiled for a long time.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was stunned and didn’t respond. After such a long time, she had quickly forgotten she had a cat at home.

She stooped and rolled him in her hands, scratching under his chin. “Gǔn Gǔn, did you miss me?”

The cat meowed twice and lolled out his tongue to lick Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s palms.

Usually Gǔn Gǔn wasn’t happy when Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu touched his chin, but today, he actually didn’t resist at all.

Probably because his owner had been gone for so long, the proud cat had also been afraid of being abandoned.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu teased him for a while, playing hard before going to take a bath.

Her clothes were wet and sticky, clinging to her body. She stood in front of the bathroom mirror and felt embarrassed. She was dirty and ugly.

This appearance was even unacceptable to her. She did not even know how Gǔn Gǔn had bared with her embrace.

After a long, serious shower, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu dried her hair and took a bottle of milk from the refrigerator.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu originally planned to go back to the hospital to accompany her mother in the evening, but Mrs. Jǐ felt that she had only just returned and had a high fever. She told her to go back home and rest.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu was really tired but was reluctant to agree with her mother and father.

In the end, her father promised to pick her up the next morning, so she was willing to go home.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu drank her warm milk and Gǔn Gǔn was on the table, his eyes staring at her hand. “Meow,” he cried twice.

She startled, “Do you want to drink it?”

He bounced twice, his front paws grabbing her arm.

Because she had been gone for so long, he probably wanted to show their closeness more than ever before.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu hesitated for a bit then took a small bowl from the cupboard and poured in a little milk, pushing it in front of him.

“Don’t drink too much, ” she muttered.

Letting her hand go, he buried his head in the bowl and stuck out his tongue, lapping it up.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu quietly watched him drinking some milk, suddenly remembering another small figure.

Round ears and blue eyes, a dark spotted pattern, and devouring the milk delivered by her hands. So clear even after a long time, every scene was engraved as fresh a memory as yesterday.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu blinked her sore eyes and rubbed at them with her eyes to ease off some of the uncomfortable feeling.

She took away the bowl and said sternly, “No more. It’s not good if you drink too much.”