Chapter 7

"Come on, girl. Don't pay any attention to that. What you need is a hard drink, oh, and some dick too."

Britta shrugs but completely agrees. The advice is taken.

The bartender scoots two glasses for each, "Hello pretties. What can I get you?"

Sabina looks at Britta then back at the bartender. "Let's go with two Last Word cocktails. Go heavy please!" Sabina yells over the bumping music.

The bartender slams his hand on the marble, "Coming right up." Like magic he fixes the drink in seconds. "There you are. That'll be one hundred thousand dollars!" He yells.

"That's it? One hundred thousand dollars? Me and this girl make about three billion dollars an hour. That's chump change." Sabina says.

Britta laughs and she sips the green drink with the leafy dregs floating at the bottom. "Wow, that's super." She takes another sip. "Damn, that's good."

"Yeah, that's my special recipe." The bartender comments.

"Special recipe huh? What other drinks can you make?" Britta inquires.

"Just let's say, you two wouldn't be able to pay for them, even with your three billion dollar." The bartender replies.

Sabina jumps in. "Where's your nametag, Mr. bartender?"

"We don't wear nametags here, most people are too drunk to remember our names, anyway. Name's Rick."

Sabina downs her drink leaving only clumps of sediment in the bottom. She leans in towards Britta's ear and whispers, "We should double team this guy, fuck his brains out, yeah?"

Britta almost spills her drink, the resonance of Sabina's voice lingers, not believing what she just heard.

I've told her about her poddy mouth, she begs to talk like this to me all the time, I really don't want to hear her saying things like that. No one has sex with a stranger, right?

Britta leans in, "Stop it, and no, we shouldn't. We don't know him."

Rick stands there, pretending he hasn't heard anything. "You two want another round?"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Britta and Sabina say in unison.

"Ok, another round." Britta agrees.

The drinks arrive quicker than the last. And the drinks disappear just as fast.

"More?" Rick asks.

"Yes," they both say in unison.

Britta turns around and stares at Wate, something playing in her mind-a little revenge never hurt no one.

Rick comes back for the third time.

"Hey, Rick? What do you think a woman could do to damage a man if you were surrounded by friends and hot girls... say at a nightclub?" Britta asks.

Rick bipods his chin with an arm, in deep thought. "Maybe, if said woman told me that I beat her, even though we both know it's not true. Or if she said I gave her some type of STD. I don't know, there are many ways to go about it, I guess." Rick thinks for a moment longer. "Is there someone specific here you want to destroy?"

Britta rolls around on the stool and points her finger towards Wate.

Rick nods.

"An assssshole. Embarrassed my friend the other week inside a crowded restaurant. Can you believe it?" Sabina shakes her.

While Sabina is utterly entranced by Rick, Britta sneaks away towards Wate.

Wate stops laughing when he notices Britta standing with her hand on her hip. "Led Zeppelin," he says, "aren't they the lamest band ever?"

Britta sees all his stupid friends agreeing with the bastard.

"You know what's really lame, that you hit me almost every-single day for the three months that we... dated! That's what's really fucking lame, fucktard." Britta seeps with lies and points her finger at Wate accusingly, and everyone turns to look at him.

Wate is speechless. The women around him disperse and start talking to the other men in his vicinity. A small pebble of perspiration forms over his temple, face burning like an angry cartoon, smoke coming out of the ears.

Sabina appears to the side. "Come on. We have to go." She grabs Britta by the wrist and drags her out of the club.

"Did you hear what I said to him? He was all mad afterwards."

"Yes, I heard everything you said, it was possibly the most action I've seen all week, and this is why I like to get you tipsy."

"Now what?" Britta asks.

"Well, Rick said he would gladly take us home."

Britta nods her head. "You're not thinki—"

"Come on Britt, he so wants to fuck both of us. We'll have a laugh about it in the morning."

What does she say? Saby knows her too well. Britta is neutral about it. She doesn't want it but at the same time she doesn't not want it. "He can drop us off but he can't come in. Those are the rules."

"We'll see."

Rick waves from afar,standing beside his impressive car.