Chapter 16

The women chit-chat, making their way out the building. Britta remains on the bench waiting for the crowd to filter through the doors. While she waits, she takes the time to study the map. She glances at the numbers which have small descriptors to the side. Number 19 catches her eye. "Mom and Stepson," The title reads.

She reads the description.

(19.) You will enter building 19 to meet with your stepson who you have not seen in a long time. When your son doesn't open the door, you take charge and walk into the premise looking for your boy. You hear groaning coming from the restroom, do you open the door and investigate? (Important Note: opening the restroom door counts as CONSENT for this 'Ride.' Thank you and enjoy.)

Britta looks behind her when as chatter dissipates. Britta finally walks out, with map in hand and follows the map to building 19.

Britta hears screaming from above. She looks up; a woman is attached to a man who is strapped to a parachute and they are quickly descending in her direction. Britta runs trying to beat the fast approaching parachute. The man steers the parachute to the left avoiding Britta by a finger. Britta stops running, panting a little. She looks back; the man and woman wave at her. She returns a wave and touches her heart to show them that they freaked her out.

She continues on her way.

From a distance, she can see the area. It is a subdivision with authentic houses, fully built and ginormous. All the homes are identical like some utopia world where everything is the same. To the side of the subdivision entrance there is a bulletin board. She reads:

Welcome to building 19. Beyond this point, you will find many houses. They all fulfill the same purpose. If the house is being occupied, the glass mailbox will glow Red; if the house is not in use, the mailbox will be Green. Please make sure, before entering the home, that you ring the doorbell so that the light on the mail box changes accordingly. Thank you, and Enjoy!

Britta enters the subdivision. The first mail box is red, the second... red, also the third and fourth. Britta stops and looks around trying to find a hint of green light. She locates a house. It is on a small hill and a bit of a walk. Britta folds the map and tucks it in her pocket.

She speed walks, arms slicing air.

Britta finally reaches the house. She starts breathing heavily, both of excitement and exhaustion.

It hits her, just now, that she had only landed in Germany not too long ago, and now, she's about to get fucked on her first day of official vacation time. She looks at the door and then at the mailbox beside her.

Not sure if this wasa wise idea, but either way, she's here now.