Chapter 11

HONKKK-HONNNNNK!

Sabina stubbles out with her suitcase and Britta right at her heels.

The honking continues, "Quiet down, will ya."

The smell of due lingers in morning air. The sun is not yet up but there is a glimmer in the sky.

The taxi driver finds it necessary to help them with the luggage.

Britta slams the trunk shut and sits in the back with Sabina.

"Where go?" the Indian taxi driver asks.

"To the airport, please." Britta says.

"Yes. The airport!" Sabina inputs snidely as if the taxi driver doesn't understand English.

The taxi driver looks oddly at Sabina for a second too long and then sets the knob to drive. With the windows rolled down, Britta can hear the small gravel disperse as the tires exponentially gain speed. "Where-a you two lady go?"

"We're going to XLand, and my friend here is going to get fucked." Sabina answers.

Britta jerks back on the seat and looks at Sabina in surprise. The taxi driver stares at Britta with a wide mouth.

"What the hell?" Britta nudges her on the side.

"What? It's true; you're going to get laid. It's not a big deal."

"Ohhh, you get fucked, eh? Fucked you? You like in butt?"

Apparently Sabina's big mouth gave him the right approach to start a conversation.

"You see what you have done?"

"Oh, come on Britta, you get fucked, you get fucked in the butt." Sabina says happily, clapping her hands.

Britta finds the strength to keep her lips tight even though she wants to smile back at Saby.

Forty entertaining talkative minutes later, finally, they arrive.

Sabina and Britta quickly hop out and grab their luggage.

Checkpoints are passed and customs, and now, only wait for boarding. One thing Britta and Sabina quickly notice is the amount of women waiting. All the other gates are somewhat active, but their waiting area, is utterly packed with women. Britta looks around. She does not recognize anyone in particular. The age differs greatly, some are very young, in their late teens, and others are old women, in shape and look to have loads of money.

"Look at her. She's wearing an entire leopard family on her body." Sabina points furtively.

Britta tries not to stare, but it's true. The lady is covered from head to toe in leopard print. She looks lonely. And that's when she realizes that XLand is more than just a place for horny women. It's a place where the lonely can find someone to make them whole again. A place where the lonely, the widows, or perhaps those that cannot find love, can at least feel something relatively close to the sensation.

Britta recalls the phone call she had with Wate. She wants to ask Sabina about it. But that would be a great way to ruin an exciting good start to this day.

"I can't wait to see what XLand looks like. Have you wondered what it looks like?"

"There are some pictures online, but not much is revealed, not detailed enough to really get a feel for it, you know." Britta says.

"I wasn't looking at the scenery when viewing those pics, if you know what I me--"

"Good morning, 11B. The doors will open in five short minutes. Thank you for your patience, and for using American Airways." A man's voice comes from everywhere through the hidden speakers.

People start forming a queue next to the check-in desk. Britta and Sabina hurry to the growing line.

Soon, the doors openand tickets are marked. Seconds later the two are crossing the threshold thatwill lead them to Germany.