coming home from tour

words; 492

it had been 2 months. ruel had just finished his first major world tour and was finally arriving home. he'd invited me on the tour but you had school, so you had to make the "right" choice, even though you really wanted to go.

right now, you were sitting at the gate of flight 237; waiting for ruels flight to land and deplane. his family waited along side you, and some security waited by the gate. the fans were very "active" and they knew where he was most of the time, so he needed  more security. you scrolled aimlessly through our phone, fingers nervously tapping on your thigh. a voice blared over the speakers, " flight 237 has arrived", breaking you out of your thoughts. coco, who sat next to you, looked at your nervous state. "don't be nervous, he's going to be so excited to see you."

"yeah, probably, it's just been so long since we've seen each other. i mean he was on tour in some many cities. but im still excited to-," you started to rant to coco, before she stopped you and pointed over to the gate. you turned, seeing kate, ruel and the rest of his team file out of the gate. ruel looked up and made eye contact with you. immediately you both ran towards each other, ruel dropping his bags. kate picked them up as the van dijk family reunited.

suddenly, all the cheers and screams from fans were drowned out. your legs wrapped around his waist and he slowly spun you around. your arms wrapped around his torso as you began crying and tears brimmed at his waterline. "baby, don't cry," he whispered, wiping a tear from your face. "i know, i know, i just missed you so fucking much, it's crazy," you laughed lightly.

he nodded, pulling you in for another hug. eventually, you slowly let go of each other, he pecked your lips, winking at you. "you'll get the rest later," he mouthed so no one could hear him, wiggling his eyebrows. "shut up van dijk," you laughed, hitting his chest. you walked over to the reunited van dijk family as they shared greetings and hugs. "i missed your dumbass," coco laughed, hugging ruel. he rolled his eyes, hugging her back. "yeah, yeah."

after everyone greeted one another, we signaled for security to "escort" us out. the security team began pushing back the mobs of fans, attempting to make a gateway for the family. "this is going to be harder than i thought," slyvie said, observing the hundreds of screaming fans. the rest of the family nodded, eventually making it out of the mob and to the car outside of the airport. everyone got into the car, you and ruel sitting along in the very back seat. you sat next to him, head resting on his shoulder. "im glad you're home,"you whispered, intertwining your fingers with his. "i am too," he said, placing a kiss on your forehead.

tagged - oneruel

tagged - oneruel

liked by zendaya, cocovandijk and 873,401 others

yourusername: reunited ❤️

view all 542,017 comments
randomruell: awww. the video of them hugging was so cute!
cocovandijk: my otp <3
oneruel: lOvE YOu sO mUcH bAByGuRL
yourusername: shut up headass
ruelsbuckethat: it took them like 10 minutes for them to start again 🤦‍♀️

KAYS THOUGHTS 💗
guys this was so sappy idk anymore
but i hope you're thriving
unedited
words; 492