midnight swims

wholesome
words; 625
unedited

ruels head rested on my chest as big mouth illuminated the tv and our room. we were both drifting in and out of sleep. ruel began to stir, rubbing his temple, something he only does when he has an idea. "y/nnn?" he said,drawing out the end of my name.

"mhm", i replied, looking down at him.
"lets go swimming," he said, looking at me with hopeful eyes. " it's 1am ruel and what if we wake up the rest of the family?"

it was winter vacation, and both of your families decided to share a beach villa in turks and caicos. my parents liked us two together, but they weren't huge fans of all the pda, and they were relatively strict.
"they don't care and please baby, i know you want tooo," he pleaded
"you know they care."
"we'll be quiet i promise."
"fine" i huffed, as he pulled me of the bed. he changed into his swim trunks and ran downstairs. i opened my closet and picked out a random bikini.

( or whatever swimsuit you wanna wear, but you'll look cute in either one)

i walked downstairs, seeing ruels back facing me as he scrolled through his instagram. the pools sliding doors were slightly cracked and fruit lined the counters and ruel prepared snacks.

"baby, you ready?" i asked. "yeah s-" he said while turning around, shock written across his face.

"mamas you look fine, spin for me" he chuckled. i playfully spinned and elom came running towards me and picked me up. "baby, what are you doing!" i shrieked as he ran towards the pool, pushing open the doors with his foot. next thing i knew, i was greeted by the freezing pool water and we were both in the pool.

the pool was illuminated by bright underwater nights, and gorgeous, soft strong lights surronded the pool and met the dark black sky, occasionally some stars could be made out. it was stunning and absolutely beautiful.

"i hate you" i screamed, laughing. he looked at me, fake hurt, "well then. fuck you," he scoffed, pretending to be offended, and pushing his hair behind his head.
im kidding, dumbass!" i mumbled, floating on my back, and giggling as he flipped in the pool.

"i know," he says playfully, coming up from the water. he continued to pull me into his lap; his back now pressed against one of the pools walls. my arms wrapped around his neck, as we stared at each other. "damn, your beautiful," ruel said, blatantly, catching me off guard. a blush grew on my cheeks as i kissed him, as my response. and swam off.

"come catch me, pretty boy," i teased, swimming to the other end of the pool. "you're gonna regret that, mamas," he replied, diving under water.

it felt like a seconds but we were in the pool for hours, playing around and doing random stuff. we karoked, had diving contests, and a bunch of other crazy things.

i ended back up on his lap, my head on his chest as we rocked back and forth as the water swished on the sides of the pool. "i love you, y/n," he whispered, his hand running along my entire left side, from my thigh to my shoulder.
"i love you too," i responded, pressing slightly more into him. we sat there for a few minutes and started playing again.

"van dijk!" i screeched as he splashed me. he picked me up, dunking us under water and then returning to the same position we were in before.

y'all are way to loud," coco said, opening the screen door. "oh my god," she said seeing me on ruel, "y/n if your parents caught you, whew chile."
"thanks coco,"ruel said sarcastically as i chuckled. "whatever," she said going upstairs. "shall we continue?" ruel said. "oh van dijk," i said laughing. i love this kid.

KAYS THOUGHTS 🥳
hola! adios !
words ; 625
unedited
love ya - kay