romantic getaway

wholesome
words; 1497
unedited
request
song inspo -

photograph, ed sheeran
certain things - james arthur
the  only reason  - jp cooper
.
i highly recommend you listen to one of the songs above  !
__

the cool summer afternoon breeze brushed past us as ruel and i walked into private  jet hanger. earlier this year, ruel had planned a surprise "romantic getaway", as he called it (he was so cheesy). usually, we'd travel with friends or family, but this time we decided to just travel by ourselves. we checked in and boarded the jet . the jet, was adorned with couches and a full sized bed in the back. i placed my bags down and sat with my legs crossed on the couch.

ruel followed behind me, sitting next to me. i turned to face him, a mischievous grin on my face. i straddled his lap and interlaced my fingers around his neck, an enormous grin plastered on my face. i placed a kiss to his lips, as he passionately deepened the kiss. we stayed like that for a while until i broke the kiss, staring at him. "angel, you know i'm not going to tell you yet," he said, laughing at my now sour expression. i rolled off him, a fake, but kind of real pout on my face. "ugh, fine."

you see, ruel was adamant on this being a surprise and wouldn't tell me until we got there. ruel laughed, opening his arms and reaching for me. i caved, laying on top of him. we watched a movie on the television screen, as he ran his fingers through my hair. eventually, a flight attendant brought out the dinner courses. of course, at ruels request, they brought out spaghetti. as we began eating, ruel turned to me and he had a relatively mischievous look on his face.

"what is it?" i asked, laughing, and knowing it was going to be stupid. "can we do the lady and the tramp thing?" he asked. i nodded, laughing. i loved how childish and playful he could be. he placed the noddle between our lips as we tried it. as our lips touched, he finished the noodle and pecked my lips. we busted out laughing at the moment, grinning at one another.

the rest of the jet ride consisted of ruel and i watching movies, throwing ridiculous dance parties and, well, sleeping. the jet began its descent and ruel woke me up from my nap. i lifted my head from his shoulder, looking out the windows. i recognized it immediately, turks and caicos. i've always wanted to travel there, and ruel knew it. the beautiful beaches and attractions caught my eye when i was young.

a look of surprise and excitement crossed my face as i tackled ruel in a hug. "whatcha think?" he asked, laughing. "i love it, i love it, i love it!" i responded, kissing his lips and jumping up to grab my bags.

we exited the plane, entering the car that would transport us to our hotel. we arrived at an enormous resort, adorned with extremely tall buildings, waterfalls and exotic greenery. "oh my god, i love you so much!" i cheered, kissing him as we entered the hotel.

entering our suite, i looked around in complete shock. towel swans and rose petals adorned the bed, and we had a gorgeous view of the beach. i practically jumped around like a kid in a candy store. ruel watched my excitement, finding it adorable.

"alright, baby. today, we're going to go to the beach, then the spa and then dinner." he said, unpacking our bags. ruel had packed our bags, since i didn't know what weather id be staying in. "okay!" i responded excitedly, changing into my swimsuit.

we headed down to the beach, laying out towels down on the sand. immediately, i ran towards the water. ruel laughed, following my into the water. he ran in, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up. i giggled, down up at him. it was all fun and games, until he dunked me under the water.

"ruel, what the fuck," i laughed, tying my soaking wet hair into a ponytail and slapping his chest. he laughed at my irritated state, wrapping his arms around me again as we walked closer to the sand. while we were under the water, ruel sat in the sand, and i sat on his lap. "thank you for doing this, i love it," i whispered, laying my head on his chest. "anything for you, sharon. i love you." he replied, wrapping his arms tighter around my frame.

eventually, we got up and walked deeper into the water. we played around, splashing each other and frolicking in the water. after we got out of the water, we relaxed in the sand, listening to the calm tropical music. "angel, you ready to go to the spa?" ruel whispered, breaking me out of my thoughts. i nodded eagerly, packing up our stuff. once we reached the hotel, we dropped of our stuff and headed to the spa.

when we reached the spa, i looked around at all the wonderful structures and amenities. there was walls covered with greenery, waterfalls/ fountains that seemed to be right out of heaven. a look of awe crossed my face as ruel wrapped his arms around me. i placed my arms on top of his as we stared silently, yet comfortably at the beautiful landscape before us.

eventually, we checked into the spa. ruel had booked practically everything. we got massages, facials, and these other cool cleansing treatments. as we walked out of the spa, i turned to face ruel. "really, babe, thank you for all of this. i really appreciate it."

"anytime," he chuckled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, as we headed back to the hotel room. ruel entered the key card and held the door open for me. "okay, so we have dinner in 2 hours. i'm going to get ready somewhere else, and i'll meet you back up here at 7:30," he said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"okay, love you!" i cheered, heading to the bathroom. around 7:15 i finished getting dressed waited for all. i was adorned in a particularly fancy outfit. (honestly, you can envision what ever you consider to be "fancy", i'm sure you'll look great in it. )

ruel opened the door, looking me up and down. "damnnnnnn!" he complimented, taking my hand in his and spinning me around. i giggled at his exaggerated expression, grabbing my purse as he playfully pulled me down the hall. we arrived at la tanét, a restaurant exclusive to guests at the hotel.

it had all my favorite foods, and it was the most expensive, and exquisite restaurant i've ever been in. we sat on the outdoor patio, overlooking the beach and the moonlight and star covered night sky. it was absolutely gorgeous. into our 3 course, which contained my favorite dish, ruel lighting brushed my hand, grabbing my attention as he stood up.

a look of confusion crossed my face as he straightened out his suit and moved next to the table. i soon began to understand what was happening when he got down one knee. a shocked expression crossed my face, as other diners began to watch. 

"sharon elizabeth jones, i knew loved you when you spilled milk all over your shirt in 8th grade and you just laughed it off and wore that ridiculous ass stained shirt the whole day — you didn't care what anyone else thought," he said as we laughed, " i knew i wanted to marry you after all the days we stared up at the stars, just contemplating life and sharing our secrets. i love how open you are with me and how comfortable you are with our relationship. i love how honest you are and how kind you are to others. i love how young and playful you are, yet mature. i love how we feel like kids in love. i just love how are amazing you are. and i'm certain that i'm yours, and i want to be yours forever. i'll always be here for you, no matter what we go through. and i would be a fool to not ask you this question," he paused, taking a deep breath.

at the moment, everyone in the restaurants eyes were pinned to us, tears currently streaming down my face as ruel and i held eye contact. "angel," he whispered, taking my hand, "will you marry me?"

"hell yes!," i exclaimed, tears rushing down my face and a huge grin plastered on our faces. as he stood up to hug me, rose petals drifted down from the partial ceiling and the band played our favorite song in an acoustic version. our arms wrapped around each other, only thinking about the presence of one another. "i love you so fucking much," i whispered.

"right back at ya, baby," he said, chuckling, placing  the gorgeous, sparkling ring delicately on my ring finger and placing a passionate kiss on my lips and the others cheered. i can't wait to marry this man and the spend the rest of my life with him.

KAYS THOUGHTS 💍
hey! this was my first request. please send them in. i love creating them for you and you all have wonderful ideas. you don't have to put your name if you don't want to. the "requirements" are on the intro page if you're interested, or you can comment/ pm.

love you all!