nervousness & games

wholesome - blurb
374 words
unedited

"i'm not doing it," ruel chuckled as his friends continued to bagger him. "what's the worst that's gonna happen?" one of them asked.

"well i don't know," ruel asked sarcastically, pretending to be dumbfounded, "maybe she won't fucking like me back."

"come on, you played and you lost. it's only fair." another one responded. ruel and his friends were currently hanging out and playing games. they ended up playing truth or dare; long story short, ruel was dared to call his crush and confess his feelings for her.

"just do it, ruel, it won't be that bad."
eventually, he gave up. reaching for his phone he looked for your contact. the phone began to ring and the camaraderie and contagious laughs softened between the group as ruel waited anxiously.

"hey." you responded.

"hi, so i have something important to tell you.

"okay..."

"so, you know when we meet, in 8th grade. and you tripped over your own feet in the cafeteria."

"yeah," you laughed softly, "don't remind me."

"o-ok, and i was new and i helped you up, and we became bestfriends and all that."

"yeah," you responded.

"everysinceisawyouirealizediwasinlikelovewithyou."

"what?"

he took a deep breath before repeating himself, "i love you. like more than a friend. i have feelings for you and i understand if you don-".

"at least it's mutual," you replied, cutting him off.

ruel's eyes practically bulged out of his head, his friends cheering, before ruel attempted to tell them to be quiet.

"you're with your friends?" you asked.

"uh-yeah. so i-um ... do you want to be my ya know... girlfriend?"

"hell yeah." you laughed. a wave a relief washed over ruel. that was one of his favorite things about you. you were pretty bold, at least with him. the playfulness always kept your friendship interesting.

"okay, I'll talk to you later, ruel said, a grin plastered on his face. you smiled, hanging up.

"mate," one of his friends laughed, "you know, without us you two may have never gotten together."

"yeah, you better write a speech about us at your wedding or some cute shit like that."

"we're like cupid," another one responded.

"whatever, ruel replied rolling his eyes, thinking about what was to come.

KAYS THOUGHTS 💛
sorry, ik this was kinda wack but send requests. 🥵
[Q] did you do anything for halloween?