tour surprises

little angst + wholesome
675 words
unedited

"hey, love," ruel said, answering your facetime call. i waved to him, a slight smile on my face, "hi, bub. when's your show start?"
"20ish minutes." he replied. you could hear the sadness is his voice and see it on his face. ruel had been on his world tour for 7 weeks now. i wasn't able to go with him; and as time progressed his energy has drastically dropped.

fans comment on videos, family members attempt to check in, but nothing's helped. you needed him and he really needed you. he wasn't his usual goofy self. he was sluggish and wasn't as "hype" as before. "what'd you need baby?"

"you." he replied, tears brimming at his waterline. currently, he was in toronto. he thought i was in sydney, but i flew out last night to surprise him. "and your hugs."

"i know bub, but we'll be together soon enough, okay?" it pained me to see that he was hurting and couldn't fully enjoy living out his dream. we talked some more, before i heard michelle tell him it was time. we said our goodbyes and hung up. little did he know, i was in a hotel across the street from the venue. the team planned for me to surprise him during "hard sometimes".

they sent me a text and i walked over to the venue. he had just finished painkiller and hard sometimes was next. i walked behind the stage, standing at the entrance point.  as he began to sing, you could hear the pain in his voice. as he sang, "cause i feel like i'm not there...", i slowly began to walk on stage. the crowd began to scream, but i stayed focused on ruel. he looked around, a confused look on his face. he lightly sang, "i just want that back again" although it faded out when he saw me.

the crowd kept singing the song as his jaw dropped and he ran towards me, picking me up and spinning me around. with tears streaming down both of our faces, we held each other tightly. the fans cheered and the team's smiles were so bright. but at the moment, all i could think about was him, and all he could think about was me. we let go of each other, facing the crowd. i wiped a tear off his face with the pad of my thumb, and whispered , "i love you and im so proud of you. i'll be here watching you," i told him, kissing him softly and walking off stage.

he smiled at me, chuckling a little and went back to performing. right before he finished, i left for his prep room. he had another show there tomorrow, so he was staying at the hotel too. michelle and coco helped me decorate the prep room with candy, food and blankets so that ruel and i could spend some time together.

"thank you guys so much for doing this. it means a lot to me and him," i said to coco and michelle as they were walking out. "it's really nothing, he really loves you — so thank you for coming. he's so happy."

i nodded, waiting for him to run backstage. i heard a faint "where is she?" before the door opened. he ran to me, tackling me in a hug. "oh my fucking god. you have no idea how much i've missed you," he said, peppering my face with kisses. i laughed, kissing him back. "what's all this for?"

"i don't know," i smiled, "i thought we could chill here for some time. and watch that scary movie you were talking about."

"don't you hate scary movies?"

"kinda," i said, "and i know it's cheesy but if im with you, i don't care." he laughed, kissing me again.
"you're amazing," he whispered, pulling me into a tighter hug.
"i know," i said pretending to be arrogant.
he rolled his eyes, placing his head in my lap, grabbing the snacks, as i pressed play.

KAYS THOUGHTS ⭐️
hey, i hope you all are thriving. send requests 🥰
adios
10.17.19
675 words
- kay