dancing, christmas, & cookies

this imagines "celebrates" christmas. and if you want to see an imagine with other belief systems/ religions in focus - just let me know!

wholesome
563 words
unedited
a/n: this is so cheesy, im so sorry

dancing in our pajamas, ruel and i moved across the kitchen floor, baking christmas cookies simultaneously. soulful holiday music played throughout the speaker, the cookies baked in the oven and ruel used the broom as a microphone. we're staying with both of our families in a villa in turks and caicos. currently, everyone else was in their rooms, supposedly sleeping. ruel continued to sing micheal buble as i pulled the cookies out of the oven.

we slowed danced and listened to christmas playlists and practically everything in between. "okay, so i went to the store yesterday and i got something," ruel said excitedly, looking at you. "okay, what'd you get?" you asked.

"you'll see," he said, running to our room. eventually, he returned, dressed in an ugly christmas jumpsuit and hat. "whatcha think?" he asked, like a kid in a candy store.

"i love your headass, but it's ugly," you laughed, watching ruel dance to christmas songs. he obnoxiously started singing all i want for christmas and he danced around the kitchen.

he backed into the kitchen, not looking behind him. apparently, he thought wearing socks on a hardwire floor, surrounded by cooking ingredients was a good idea. "baby, watch ou-", i said, before he accidentally knocked into a bowl of unmixed cookie dough ingredients, spilling it all over the wall and some one the ceiling and countertops.

"oh my god." you laughed, watching ruels expressions. "you're cleaning that up." he turned around, looking at the catastrophe that was the kitchen.

"nah, I'll get it in the morning," he said laughing and shrugging. he too, was covered in cookie dough mix. i way laying on the couch, searching for a christmas movie; until his expression turned slightly sinister as he ran towards me, and tackled me. "what the -," i said before he cut me off with a kiss. "im going to get you van dijk," i said laughing, and wiping off the batter from my face and kissing him back.

eventually, we fell asleep on the couch, watching disney's christmas movie reruns. i laid ontop of ruel, my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me. light snores escaped from both of our lips. the sun began to shine through the glass windows, our families walking down the stairs.

"what the hell happened?" coco asked, the family dumbfounded by the cookie dough ingredients spread across the floor and counters, along with the catastrophe that broke lose last night. "this is why we can't leave them alone. especially at 2 am," slyvie said laughing and pointing to ruel and i. they woke us up, confusion spread across our faces. "shit." he whispered under his breath. we stood up, slight guilt on our face as both our parents stood next to the mess. eventually, we all bust out laughing.

"just clean it up," my parents responded, rolling their eyes. "at least there's cookies," my sibling said shrugging and taking the tray of cookies to their room. we continued to laugh, grabbing the cleaning supplies. the rest of the family spread across the villa. ruel and i continued to clean up the mess, until kate turned around in our direction.

"is that a hickey?!"

well, merry christmas.

KAYS THOUGHTS
ik its not Christmas yet and im probably going to write a thanksgiving one but i hope you all are thriving! ❤️