Chapter 1

My name is Alana (a-lan-a), I'm nineteen, newly out of high school, I finished school about a year ago. Since I can't afford to get a higher education I have to work a dead-end nine to five job to make it by. My parents had given me up at birth, and because of that I was tossed around the foster care system. But once I turned eighteen I forced out into the cold world and forced to make it on my own.  or thats what it feels like.

Right now I have a job at a little coffee shop a couple of blocks away from my shitty apartment. Unfortunately, today I had to work the 12pm closing shift. Before finally locking up the dainty shop I double checked the place making sure nobody was still inside. After checking for lingering customers I lock up the rusty cash register, grab my emerald bag, lock up the dark shop and begin my trek home.

A couple minutes into my walk home I have this strange feeling that I'm being watched. I turn around to see nothing out of normal. The only thing I see is a ginger-colored cat walking into an alley. So I turned back around and continued my way back to my apartment faster with anxiety swelling inside me.

 I finally arrived at the wooden door of my apartment complex. After putting in the four digit passcode to the door, I tiredly walk into the plain beige and gray lobby. Luckily I’m on the first floor, meaning, no climbing rickety stairs. My apartment is number thirteen but thanks to superstitious tenants the number fourteen is on the metal door. 

  As I go to pull out my rattling keys cold hands grab me, cutting me short. As I open my mouth to scream a cloth is placed over the lower part of my face. The cloth smelled strongly of chemicals. My vision begins to blur and those cold hands tighten cause my useless struggling to cease. Just as I begin slipping out of consciousness a feminine voice whispers. 

       “Shhh. It’s ok my darling. It’ll be alright” the voice begins to dissipate and suddenly I’m surrounded by soothing darkness. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
358 words

Vote And comment!!

This chapter was edited by lulupupu6789.  They edit stories and are looking for more clients, so please go check them out!