Chapter 19

I'm standing in front of her cell and I see my mate sleeping surprisingly peacefuly , curled in the corner. It pains me to see the tears streaking down her face.

"Keys," I tell the black-haired man in a demanding tone. He quickly drops the keys in my hands with hesitation and I hiss at him for. I unlock the door and rush over to her. I grab her face tilting it side to side making sure there were no injuries and thankfully there wasn't. I see her shocked face looking at me with wide eyes, startled by my actions, but she didn't try to stop me.

"Oh thank god" I whisper out looking into her eyes. I then wrap my arms tightly around her. She squeaked out at the exchange.

"W-what are you doing here?" she asks quietly.

"I'm here to make sure you didn't die dumbass" I respond back to her moving to look at her face.

"w-well I'm fine so you can leave," she said crossing her arms and trying to move out of my grip, but I kept my hand on her shoulders.

" Don't talk to me like that" I growl out at her outburst. She turned her head so she didn't has to look me in the face.

"I come down to make sure your okay and all you have to say is leave!" I said angrily grabbing her face so she has to look at me. I see hurt flash through her eyes, but she quickly tries to cover it up but fails.

"well then take me out of here" she whined out.

"I have things to take care of first," I said trying to make her more comfortable.

"so take me out," she said whinier than before.

"I can't right now, just sit tight and it all will be fine," I told her

"b-b-but," she said starting to cry, obviously stressed out. I reached out and hugged her, and she melted into my arms.

"I will try to work something out," I said trying to sound soothing.

I held her for a while and when I started to hear her snoring I laid her down. I left the cell and locked the door. I stared at her for a second then I went up the stairs and started my way to my father's office.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
380 words

Vote and Comment!!

Briefly Edited