t h r e e

< December >

{ Tate }

I've been back in California for a couple of weeks. Ashton is supposed to be home sometime this week. It's all up in the air. I was hoping he'd be back today because I have an appointment tomorrow to find out the baby's gender and I wanted Ashton to be there.

I'm about 4 months pregnant now and I'm sicker than I've been. I also am still pretty flat. Barely a bump. I'm back living at Ashton's. The dorm I couldn't handle any longer. I basically lived at Ash's anyway. He asked me to move in over a year ago. Literally, all my stuff is here. Plus I'm out of school until January. I just have to go in tomorrow and take a couple of tests I missed when I went to see Ashton.

I got up this morning and got ready, then walked down the hall, stopping at the extra room that Ashton kept literally nothing in. I stood at the door and looked around. When I was with Ashton, this is the room we decided would be the baby's room. It's a decent-sized room and has a pretty big closet. It just needs a good paint job which Ashton claims he's going to do.

I finally walked to the kitchen and got myself a cup of coffee then settled on the couch to wait for my friends. Today, Emma and I are going Christmas shopping. I just have to get my parents, grandparents, and Ashton something. I've already got Emma something and Ashton took care of our gifts for the boys, Sierra and Crystal, along with his mom and siblings. He had ordered it all months ago so I didn't have to worry about it all while he was gone.

Soon, I got a text from Emma saying that she was in the driveway. I smiled and put my cup in the sink then headed out of the house, locking up behind me, and hopping into the backseat.

"Hey girl" Emma grinned.

"Hey" I responded and she drove off.

"So you're appointment is tomorrow!" Emma cheered.

"Yeah. I'm really excited but I wish Ashton was here" I sighed.

"He wishes he could and you know that," Emma told me. I nodded. I knew it was true.

"Have you and Ashton talked any names yet?" Emma spoke.

"Yeah. We've thrown some out there" I smiled.

"I'm glad you're excited and happy about this now," Emma told me. I smiled as my phone buzzed with a text:

-messages-

Ashton: [ hey cutie, i don't
think im gonna make it home for the appointment. im so sorry 😞 ]

[ it's okay. ill be fine. just
get home soon and SAFE. I love you ]

Ashton: [ I love you too.
I'll see you in a couple days ]

--------

I sighed and and put my phone in my purse as Emma parked in the lot.

"Was it Ashton?" she asked as I closed the door.

"Yeah. He's not gonna make it" I spoke.

"I'm sorry Tate. You know he wants to be here" she hugged me. I nodded and we walked into the mall.

"Do you know what you're getting Ashton?" Emma asked.

"I have part of it. I had got him and Calum tickets to Rolling Stones. Luke and Micheal are got tickets from their girlfriends. The boys already got that because the concert was in one of the cities they toured in. But other than that I know he wants these new like bamboo drum sticks so I'll probably get those and if I see anything else I'll get it" I said.