t w e n t y - t w o

{ Ashton }

Today Riley gets to have visitors. He's going to be very excited when Uncle Luke shows up. We've found that Luke seems to be his favorite.

I woke up fairly early and headed down to get Tate and me coffee. As I stood in line, I noticed two young girls looking at me. I smiled once I saw their 5SOS hoodies. I got my coffees and walked over and sat with them.

"Hi there" I smiled.

"Hi" the blonde one smiled back.

"Is Riley here?" The brunette asked.

"He is" I answered, "What are your names?" I asked.

"I'm Lacey and this is a Payton" the brunette answered. I smiled.

"Payton was going to be Riley's name if he was a girl" I laughed.

"How is he doing? Is he okay?" Payton asked.

"He's doing good. He doesn't like being in the bed but he's got to deal with it" I answered as I saw Tate walk in. She spotted me and walked over and sat and I passed her coffee.

"Who might these two be?" She asked and put her hand on my thigh under the table.

"Lacey and Payton" I pointed to each of them.

"Aww. Payton was going to be RiRi's name" she gushed. I smiled and rested my hand on top of hers.

"What are you girls doing here?" Tate asked.

"Our brother. He got in a wreck. We should be done by noon" Lacey told us. As I was about to respond, the pager in Tate's pocket went off which meant we had to get back to the room.

"It was nice meeting you girls. I hope to see you at a show" I smiled and Tate and I headed back to Riley.

****

Riley was awake and determined to move around. We are just waiting for a doctor to come in to see if we can let him.

"Riley, please calm down baby" Tate begged as she rocked him in her arms. I sighed and glanced out the door and saw his doctor walking down.

"I'm so sorry. I got caught in another room. How is he doing?" He asked following me inside the room.

"Wants to move" I laughed.

"That's fine. I'll unhook a few things and he can get up and move around" he explained as he unhooked a bunch of wires.

As soon as the wires were unhooked, Riley all but jumped out of Tate's arms. I grabbed him and put him on his feet as he walked around.

"I'm impressed. Two days after open heart surgery and he's walking around" the doctor smiled, "If he gets worn out just put him back in bed and call so we can get him back on machines" he smiled and left the room.

"Do you know what time everyone's coming?" Tate asked as she took a video of me and Riley walking around.

"Mike said he and the boys are coming around noon. The girls probably after them. Our family is on the way" I informed. She nodded and put her phone down.

A few minutes later the door opened and our family walked in.

"Oh my goodness" Beth grinned as she crouched when Riley went to her.

"He's already up?" My mom questioned.

"He was determined to walk around this morning" Tate laughed and wrapped her arms around my waist.