t e n

{ Ashton }

As I woke, Tate continued sleeping peacefully with her arms wrapped around my torso. I slowly unwrapped her arms and got out of bed, careful to not wake her up. She had just gone back to sleep not long ago since Riley had woken her up. I had to get to the studio and get my work done before I went to the airport to pick up Tate's grandparents.

Today, my mom and siblings and Tate's grandparents, Eddie and Beth, are coming to meet Riley but also celebrate Tate's birthday, which is tomorrow, with us. Tate knows my family is coming but doesn't know her grandparents are. I told her parents about coming but they just didn't answer. Right after Christmas, they ditched us. They won't talk to us and we don't know why. But we don't need them, Tate doesn't need them. She had always looked at her grandpa as more of a father than she did her actual dad. Her grandpa was so important that I asked his blessing to propose to her.

Since Riley was still asleep also, I went to the kitchen to grab some coffee and make myself breakfast before I got ready. I was honestly exhausted but I wouldn't change anything.

I gathered my coffee and my plate of eggs and sat at the counter and scrolled through my phone. I jumped when I felt cold hands hit my bare shoulders.

"Morning Ash" Tate whispered and kissed the side of my neck. I smiled and sat my phone down, then twirling the barstool around to face my girlfriend. Tate smiled, stepped between my legs, wrapping her arms around my neck, and burying her face in my shoulder.

Tate moved again and was now sitting on my lap as I ate and drank my coffee. She was sitting sideways, laying her head on me. I could tell she was exhausted too. Riley has a rough night last night. Usually, he sleeps pretty well but the past two nights have been bad.

Tate followed me into our bathroom and sat on the counter as I got ready.

"You're clingy this morning" I laughed. Tate shrugged.

"You all good?" I asked, walking over to her and buttoning my shirt.

"Yeah. I'm just sleepy" she told me, leaning in and pecking my lips.

"What time you coming home?" She asked, hopping off the counter and wrapping her arms around my torso.

"Not sure" I answered, being simple so I don't give her grandparent's surprise away. She nodded.

"You staying home?" I asked her, looking down to meet her eyes that were looking up at me.

"No. Me and Ri are meeting up with my teammates for brunch," she told me, excited. The team has kept Tate involved in everything.

I finished getting ready and headed out the door, telling Tate I loved her on the way out.

{ Tate }

Once Ashton left, I got ready and got Riley and his things ready to go. This will be my first time taking Riley out on my own and I'm a bit nervous. Riley's barely left the house. The only time is when Ashton and I need to get diapers or something.

I parallel parked then ran around the car to get Riley out. I put the diaper bag on then got the carrier out and held it on my arm. I only had to walk a little way to the diner thankfully.

When I walked in, I saw my whole team there. Emma jumped up and ran over and hugged me then took me to the table.

I sat Riley's car seat on a chair and pulled him out.

"Oh my god! He's so cute" Jenna gushed. All my team washed hands then Riley was passed around and eventually made it back to me.

"How's everything been going? How's your boyfriend doing with being a dad?" The questions started.