s e v e n

{ Tate }

I woke up hearing Ashton talking on the phone, followed by a loud grunt. I opened my eyes, sitting up, seeing Ashton sitting at the end of our bed. He was shaking his head and gripping the comforter that he sat on. He hung up the phone, tossing it aside, and began running his hands through his hair, signaling he was frustrated or mad.

"Ash? Babe?" I spoke, my voice rough seeing as I just woke up.

"Sorry I woke you up" He mumbled. I sighed and crawled down to the end, wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind.

"What's up?" I asked, kissing the back of his neck a couple of times and pushing his messy hair from his face.

"We got called into the studio. I'm sorry. We were supposed to leave for Santa Cruz this morning. Us guys were supposed to be all you girls. No work, just you" Ashton sighed.

"It's your job. It's okay" I assured him.

"I haven't packed yet" he then told me.

"Lay out what you want to take and I'll pack it all. I'll grab your toothbrush and all that too" I told him. He nodded and slowly removed himself from the bed.

Ashton got himself ready then tossed his clothes I needed to pack onto the bed.

"Thank you" he smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

"You're welcome. Now go to work so you can get done and we can go" I told him. He laughed, pecked my lips again.

"You'll be okay?" He asked.

"I'll be okay Ash" I assured him and pushed him out the door.

Ashton hates when his off weekends get interrupted, especially if we have something planned. He likes to spend time off. I like it when we spend time. The two of us. Soon it won't be just the two of us. There will be three of us. And right now, he's got so much spinning in his head. The baby, the label, and the music. I know the baby is what's overtaking his mind.

****

While Ashton's gone, I decided to get stuff done around the house. I wasn't really sick so it was a perfect time. I cleaned, did a load of laundry, and even got the baby's clothes and things organized and into drawers. All I had left to do was pack Ashton and me.

I headed to our room, grabbing Ashton's suitcase from the closet, and put our clothes in it. It was just a weekend so we could share a bag. I zipped that up then put my makeup, brush, and toothbrushes in my purse and took the bags to the living room.

It was already 3:00 and Ashton wasn't back yet. I already knew he was about to be in a bad mood when he did get home. I haven't heard from him all day either so he must've been pretty busy. Usually, he's constantly calling or texting, making sure I'm okay.

I settled onto the couch and started watching Friends re-runs on TBS. I always laugh even when I know it's going to be funny and expect the scene.

{ Ashton }

Was I mad that I had to drive in today? Yes, I was pissed. Today the boys and I were taking our girls on a weekend trip. Those girls deserve it. They deal with so much crap because of us and sometimes I feel like we take advantage of them. And Tate- Tate needs a little trip. She's so stressed out between school and this baby that it's driving her crazy. Now she's all in the media and it overwhelms her. She even deals with my shitty attitude and never gets mad or anything.

Both Tate and I have a lot on our minds, especially about this baby. When the doctor told us the other day that there is something wrong with his heart, it scared us shitless. I remember coming home after that and watching Tate just break down. It hurt. And yeah I'm scared and I'm worried too but I don't want to show Tate that. But, that night when Tate went to sleep, I called my mom and just started crying. I broke. The next day at the studio, I told the boys and broke down again.