e l e v e n

< June >

{ Tate }

It was freezing when I woke up this morning. Yes, it's hot in June and yes that means the AC is turned on but not to where it could snow in the house.

With a groan, I rolled to face Ashton, who was still asleep. I sighed and lunged myself forward to him and put my body up against his, using his warmth to keep me warm.

"Good morning" he chuckled and wrapped his arms around my small body.

"It's cold" I mumbled into his chest.

"I know. I can't sleep when it's hot in here" he told me, placing a kiss on my head.

"Yeah well, I don't like waking up shivering" I shot back and squeezed him tighter, thinking it would get me closer than I already was to him.

Ashton kept me there for a while, that was until Riley started to cry.

"Ugh" Ashton groaned and unwrapped me from him.

"Babe" I whined as he climbed out of bed, leaving me cold.

"I'm just getting Riley" he laughed and walked to the foot of our bed where Riley's bed was.

"Good morning bubby" Ashton cooed, lifting the baby up high above him. Riley's crying ceased and he erupted with baby giggles.

"Let's go get back in bed with Mommy" Ashton smiled walking back to his side of the bed. He laid Riley on the opposite side of me and climbed in the bed next to me.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as he rolled me so I was facing Riley but had my back to him. Ashton didn't answer, instead, he just pushed my backside into him and pulled Riley close to my chest, and let his arm draped over us.

"Ooo so you're the big spoon, I'm the medium spoon, and Riley's the little spoon" I spoke, pretty proud of myself.

"Indeed. We can lay around for a little bit but then we really do need to get up" Ashton laughed into my hair.

Riley didn't go back to sleep luckily. He was all smiles. Our spooning trio didn't last long. Riley ended up on Ashton's chest with Ashton playing around with him.

Ashton paused what he was doing and looked to the clock.

"You have to get up and ready" Ashton told me, putting an arm around me. I nodded and slowly sat up.

"Do you want to feed him or do you want me to just use a bottle?" Ashton asked as I dragged myself out of bed.

"Can you do a bottle? I'm so sorry" I told him.

"Hey, don't apologize. I can do that" he told me, left me a kiss, and took Riley to go feed him.

I walked into the bathroom and put on my practice uniform. Today's my first practice back. I thankfully get to play one more season because I'm a fifth-year senior. Emma is too. We were both redshirted freshman year. I've been working hard to get back. Ashton and I will get up and put Riley in the stroller and go running or we'll do workouts at home.

I finished getting ready, grabbed a pair of spare clothes, and went to find my two boys.

I walked into the living room and Ashton was sitting on the couch, feet propped up on the coffee table, and Riley in his arms who was drinking a bottle.

"Damn. I forgot how good you look in a uniform" Ashton winked. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him.

"You sure you're okay with taking Riley to the studio with you?" I asked.