t h i r t y - f o u r

{ Tate }

Roy stayed at the house with me and Riley for a couple of days then he went home. I've spent the past couple of days getting things put back together. Whoever was in our house had gone through stuff so it was a mess. What scared me was when I saw that the locked fireproof file box was open. We keep all our important papers in there. Nothing seemed to be missing so that was relieving.

Since I've been home, I've been getting sick. Not sick sick but pregnant sick. I haven't told Ashton this yet. I just want to be sure before I say anything so I've got to go to the store and buy some tests then make an appointment.

I'm not too worried. I mean, Ashton and I want more kids. Yeah, we'd like to wait until we are out of the clear with Riley but it's not like we haven't been trying cause we have.

I had gotten up early this morning and went out to the living room with a cup of coffee and my laptop. Today's Sunday so there are a lot of open houses today and I was going to find a few to go to. I was also waiting for Ashton to call. He had his show in Tampa last night and went out with my family after so he was going to call this morning.

I saved a few houses and wrote the addresses on my phone as I heard a door open. I glanced towards the hall and saw Riley walking around the corner with his blankie and monkey in his hands. How the hell did he get out of his crib?

"Hi Mommy" he smiled and climbed up next to me, making me moved my laptop and allowing him to climb on my lap.

"Excuse me, how did you get out here?" I laughed and kissed his head.

"I cwimb" Riley told me proudly.

"Bubs, you can't be doing that. You're going to get hurt. When Daddy gets home we will get you a new bed" I sighed. Riley's eyes started to water. He thought he was in trouble,

"Don't cry RiRi. Mommy's not mad. I'm just worried for you and I don't want you getting hurt" I explained. Riley nodded then pointed over the couch to the kitchen.

I stood and adjusted the toddler on my hip and walked into the kitchen to get his sippy cup. But, of course, as I was about to do so, my phone rang and Ashton's contact picture popped up. I slid my finger across the screen and propped my phone up against the wall on the counter and sat Riley on the counter as well.

"Good morning" Ashton's face popped up.

"Hi Daddy! " Riley beamed. Ashton held a conversation with our son while I grabbed Riley's sippy cup of milk for him. When I returned and handed it off, he began drinking allowing me to talk to Ashton. Riley got bored of listening to me talk so I sent him off to watch tv so I could have my conversation with Ashton,

"How have things been? Nobody's been creeping around right?" Ashton asked as he laid down.

"It's been fine. I haven't seen anyone. I got the house cleaned up too" I smiled, "Oh and I'm going to a couple of open houses today"

"Oh yeah, um I think we are going to need another room for Jack," Ashton told me, trailing a bit.

"What do you mean? Is he okay?" I panicked a little. We may possibly have two babies and a teenager we'd be raising.

"He asked me if he could move in with us after Christmas. Of course, I told him yes. He really wanted to talk to both of us. I don't think your grandma is doing real well. She didn't look great" Ashton sighed. My heart dropped and my hands went and rubbed over my face,

"It'll be okay baby" Ashton spoke, "How's Riles?"

"The little shit figured out how to climb out of his crib" I laughed. Ashton laughed too.