e i g h t t e e n

{ Tate }

I was feeling much better physically. I am no longer sick and neither is Riley. But mentally, I'm not better because Ashton leaves again tomorrow.

I rolled over this morning only to find an empty bed. I groaned and got up and walked out of mine and Ashton's room, still only in my underwear and Ashton's shirt.

I found Ashton in the kitchen in just shorts, at the stove with his back facing me, and bopping his head up and down. That's when I realized his AirPods were in.

I laughed and walked over behind him, wrapping my arms around his middle and pressing a kiss to his bare back. I felt him giggle and he reached up to take his AirPods out.

"Good morning love" he spoke once and pulled me under his arm and I was by his side.

"Morning" I glanced up as he quickly pecked my lips.

"Want some eggs?" Ashton asked.

"Sure" I smiled then cries erupted from the baby monitor.

"Duty calls" I joked and walked off to Riley's room.

"Good morning baby boy" I grinned, lifting him from the crib. The crying stopped and he was all giggles.

"Let's get your diaper changed then we will go see Daddy" I cooed and laid him down on the changing table as he kicked his legs around.

"So you kick for Mommy but not Daddy. Okay, Daddy's boy" I laughed and finished up, "Lets find Daddy!"

We walked back into the kitchen and Ashton was just smiling at us.

"What?" I asked.

"You're cute when you talk to him" he laughed. I gave him a look.

"Baby monitor was still on" he chuckled and motioned his head to it. I rolled my eyes jokingly back.

I sat down at the island and propped Riley and began to feed him as Ashton placed a plate in front of me.

"Are you just feeding him or we doing baby food too?" Ashton asked, sitting next to me.

"That's up to him" I laughed.

"I guess you're right. Can't make him eat" Ashton sighed, signaling that something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"He's not gaining much weight still. It just scares the shit out of me" he confessed.

"Baby, he's not far off from average. He's only a few pounds less" I explained. He nodded.

"I just don't want anything to happen" he sighed.

"I know" I softened and kissed his cheek.

{Ashton }

Riley and Tate decided to take a nap, so while they slept I packed up for tour again, but little does Tate know, I'm packing a bag for her and Riley too. Our next stop is Australia and the other girls were already planned to tag along with us there. Tate didn't know that yet. She wasn't going to know until they flew out this past week.

When I came back from Riley's room with his clothes, Tate was sitting up in bed looking in the suitcase that had her clothes in it.

"What are you doing?" She asked as I laid Riley's clothes on the bed too.

"Packing you and Ri a bag," I said blankly. She furrowed her eyebrows.