t w e n t y - n i n e

{ Tate }

When I woke up, I went to put my arms around Ashton, but instead made contact with the mattress. I groaned and looked over at the baby monitor and saw Riley wasn't in bed. I sat up and pulled my legs over the side and got to my feet. I tossed on Ashton's hoodie that was laying on the dresser and headed down the hall.

I called through the house and got nothing. I glanced at our alarm system and saw the garage door was open. I walked out there and opened the door, seeing the overhead door up. I kicked on a pair of shoes and made my way outside.

My heart swelled when I walked onto the driveway. Ashton and Jack were throwing a baseball back and forth in the street and Riley was sitting on a blanket, still in his pj's, on the driveway with a bottle of milk and a bowl of Fruit Loops, watching Jack and Ashton.

I sat down next to Riley who squealed and crawled in my lap, gaining Ashton and Jack's attention.

"Hi Momma" Ashton smiled.

"Morning" I smiled back and kissed the baby in my lap's head. Once Riley had his kisses, he climbed back off of me and settled how he was before.

"How long have you all been out here?" I asked, resting back on the palms of my hands.

"15 minutes" Jack shrugged and launched a pitch at Ashton. Ashton squealed making me bust out with laughter.

Suddenly Ashton stopped and was watching down the street. I couldn't see what he was looking at since all our neighbors park on the street.

"Hey Jack, can you take Riley inside?" Ashton asked. Jack looked behind him then nodded.

Ashton came to me after Jack and Riley were inside.

"What?" I asked as he handed his phone to me.

"The paps are a few houses down and taking pictures. I don't mind when I'm downtown or something, but they will not do this at my house" Ashton's anger came out.

He started walking away, but I grabbed his arm.

"Are you going over there?!" I panicked. Sure, we've had our fair share of encounters but Ashton's never gone up to them on his own.

"Tate, not to scare you, but they've been sitting outside our house for a couple of days. Cal said there's been a guy outside his house too" Ashton told me. I nodded.

"Just- I want you to film when I walk down there and take pictures of the cars. I want proof" he told me.

"Okay, I will. Go" I pushed him lightly. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and started walking down the street.

I filmed on Ashton's phone and took some pictures on my phone. Ashton was going off. I couldn't hear too much of what he saying. I stopped filming and put our phones down when Ashton threw his hands up, turned on his heels, and came walking back.

When he reached me, he pulled me into the house with him.

"You okay?" I asked as we stood in the kitchen. Riley and Jack were in the living room watching tv.

"Yeah" Ashton sighed and ran his hands through his hair,

"It's just frustrating and I think having a kid now makes me more aware of it" he finished.

"What are you doing today?" Ashton asked, coming around the counter and hugging me.

"I'm going out with the girls" I answered into his chest.

"Oh, do you think you can take Riley with you?" He questioned, making me pull my head back.

"Yeah, why?" I was curious.