t w e n t y - f i v e

{ Tate }

The first four days here in Bali were spent with just Ashton and me. It was nice to have time just the two of us without a baby on our hips. Now, it's all Crystal like it should be.

We girls were all gathered in Crystal's suite and getting ready for the wedding. The boys were in another getting ready as well.

I was a little distracted while getting ready. I know Ashton probably is too. We got a text when we woke up saying that Riley was running a high fever. Luckily I was able to call back home and get him an appointment for my grandma and Anne to take him to. Now Ashton and I have to wait for him to go and get a call.

We haven't told Michael or Crystal yet. We don't want to stress them out on their big day. We know they will understand if we have to leave and go home suddenly but we don't want to worry them yet. Luke and Sierra know but they've kept quiet, quietly asking if we've heard anything. It's midnight at home so we won't know until tomorrow.

"Tate, makeup time" Sierra smiled as she got out of her chair and moved next to Crystal. I smiled and stood, setting my phone on the table then sitting where Sierra previously was.

I closed my eyes and let the makeup lady do her thing while I listened to all the other girls' conversations until a phone started buzzing.

"Tate your phone is going off" Crystal spoke as I heard her move. I opened my eyes and watched her pick it up.

"It's your grandma" she smiled. My eyes widened and I jumped from the chair and took my phone.

"What's wrong?" I answered.

"Anne and I are at the hospital with Riley right now" my grandma spoke slow. My eyes widened and Sierra got worried. Crystal just watched. She doesn't know what's going on so she probably thinks it's just a call to check-in.

"Why are you there? Is he okay?" I asked.

"He woke up crying. Anne and I didn't hear him but Harry did so he went to get him. Harry was holding him and Riley's heart stopped and he went limp. Harry frantically got us. About a minute and a half later, Riley came back and Anne and I rushed him here" she explained.

My heart was pounding and I sat down.

"Okay. What's happening then?" I asked. Crystal now realized something was wrong and grew concerned like Sierra.

"They are running tests on him and then going to decide if he needs surgery" she finished.

"Does Ash know?" I asked, closing my eyes.

"Anne's talking to him right now," my grandma said.

"Okay. Let me talk to Ash. We will figure this all out" I spoke then hung up.

I put my phone down and put my head in my hands.

"If you need to go it's okay" Crystal came up to me. I just nodded and a tear fell.

"Riley's heart stopped and poor Harry was the one he was with when it happened" I sighed and heard my phone.

"It's from Ashton. He says he's in the hall" Sierra read. I nodded and stood and walked out.

I crashed into Ashton's arms. After a minute of us just standing there, I finally looked up at Ashton's face. His eyes were filled and he took a deep breath.

"Can we go home?" He squeaked. I nodded.

"I hate not being there" a tear slipped from my eye as I spoke. He nodded.

"Go tell Crys and I'll tell Mike then meet you at our room and we will go home" Ashton kissed me softly.

I turned and walked back into the room.