e l e v e n

Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!

I sipped my morning coffee in annoyance. Everyday is the same routine when I wake up: I dress up, I eat breakfast with Maddy and Erika, and Alex is always drowning his life in alcohol every morning.

It's getting on my last nerves now!

Maddy rubbed her left eye, still adjusting from the one hour sleep she just got after last night, "How strong is the immune system of Alex Cooper?!"

We watched as he downed his third bottle of the morning. I let the bitter taste of the coffee sink in, causing me to become energized in a second.

"Thank God today's Saturday," I rolled my eyes, "Which means I have free time to myself and get to avoid Alex for the entire day!" I sung in utter happiness, just thinking of the activities I will be doing today.

Erika glazed at Alex, "So how are you taking it, girl?" She asked, referring to Alex's identity and traced family history.

I shook my head, "I don't really know. I still need some time to ponder everything. The second week has been filled with so much drama!"

That's when Erika became slapping me non-stop by the arm. I groaned, "What do you want, Erika?! Did you see a hot guy again?"

"BETTER!" She squealed, staring at Cooper, "Look at Alex's arms. They're so muscular and dripping with sweat, "Erika's obviously hungry for some dessert in the morning.

"You and your antics," Madison laughed.

"Let's go and hang out inside the cabin all day, "Erika suggested, getting up from her seat and Madison dumped her tray.

I held my throat lightly, "You guys go ahead and I will meet you there. I'm feeling a little bit parched all of a sudden."

My friends shrugged, scampering out of the cafeteria hall together, pushing the doors past them as I walked over to pour myself a glass of iced cold water.

Sighing, I muttered before the glass touched my lips, "Ugh, my head still hurts."

I was halfway finishing my drink when I felt a broad hand on my right shoulder. I gulped heavily, placing down my drink to turn around and was face to face with the bluest of blue eyes I ever saw.

"Hey, Anderson," Alex glanced at me while throwing his bottle of empty alcohol carelessly behind his shoulder. He had this lazy smirk playing on his face, "What are you doing today?"

"Technically, it's not the douche's business," I replied back in a calm and matured manner, setting my cup down.

He chuckled lightly, "Well someone's feeling spicy today. I just thought maybe a certain idiot would want to join me on a walk for some business pointers?"

Let's put it this way: basically, he had my undivided atention, "Oh, Cooper now interested in some business documents?" I laughed.

I knew it was wrong for me to do this because I am still recovering from the fact that he is the son of my parents' rivals.

But hey!

Who could deny a good deal of seeing Mr. Alexander Cooper being focused on his future profession? I mean it's mind blowing.

"Well, my parents expect me to learn so much about socializing... business stupid stuff by the end of the day since I've been for about two weeks now," Alex explained, "And who's the best choice to ask that favor from? A boring, daughter of a protective family and an idiot like you obviously!"

I rolled my eyes, "I'll try to ignore that."

"Oh, c'mon!"

"Give me another reason why me again?"