t h i r t y t w o

It was very rare to see rain pouring down the streets of LA, but I felt good about it since I've only seen rain less than ten times.

Sitting by the window sill, I still couldn't help but think about the event that just happened yesterday: Chandlers and Coopers side by side.

And to think we were the cause of that.

The news spread through the media, the newspapers, the entire USA, until it reached the depths of the earth.

Alex and I already have the key to get together again, but none us exactly made a move since yesterday afternoon.

Yes, we did speak after the meeting, but our conversation held this awkward vibe, and rings an uncomfortable bell. We'd catch each other looking at one another, but we didn't say anything about it.

"Hey, sis, how you doing?" Shawn asked, sitting next to me before draping an arm around my shoulder cozily, "Are you still thinking about yesterday?"

Without second thoughts, I nodded, tucking my knees to my chest, then rested my head on the wall while looking into the distance.

I breathed out, "Yeah, who knew, am I right?" I chorused, mustering a small smile in between.

"He'll come around," My brother piped up before smudging his thumb against my bottom lip. He knew a part of me was thinking about Alex and I's current status with one another.

A few days not talking to one another, and look where it boughts us to: awkwardness, and silence. The key was in our hands now, none of us just make a move to turn it in its hole.

Shawn told me before exiting the room, "Hey, listen, I have to do some semestral break homework. Sorry I can't be with you right now," He frowned with a saddened look.

Mustering a small smile, I nodded in an understanding matter, "Yeah, of course, good luck," I rambled out, my mind having its divded attention.

What will I do with Alex?

Should I make the move? Or no. I know it's not too late to get back togethee, but why is there a disturbing void within me, that I couldn't bring the courage to.

I stared out of the window, watching as a drop of rain splat through my window. Even when it's raining, multiple cars passed down our subdivision.

Maybe... if none us would really make a move, it's not just meant to be? It was just a one time thing... a summer fling perhaps? What if our past parents were right all along.

And now, maybe the end of our line was only becoming company partners in the future. Maybe our childhood friendship didn't matter now, or the relationship we had over the summer.

Fuck... why do I keep saying maybe?

I'm so... hesitant about this! Yet, I lack courage to bring back what was ours.

There, I was alone in the room, scrolling through TikTok. Everywhere I look, there were couples posting cute clips of them together with love sickening audios to match.

It was rattling in my head, as if telling me something about Alex Cooper and I's relationship. Shit, all I wanted to do was watch dancing videos of Charli to prepare myself for Dance U, but these connected, and redundant videos decided to be a little bitch.

I threw my phone across the room, and watched it sail in the air, and land on my carpet safely, no damages.

Then I burried my head in my knees.

~~~

My phone rang, causing my eyes to flutter open. I was still seated in my fetal position, mu vibrating gadget across the room on the carpet.