f o u r t e e n

Alex crawled next to me in the clinic bed as I propped up my laptop since I nagged him to watch Netflix with me for the night.

Although, he specifically added that if there's no snacks, there'll be no movie. So, here we are now: in pajamas, a bowl filled with leftover popcorn from earlier today, a huge bag of cheesy Doritos, and to wash it all down with some Coca-Cola.

"You're very picky," I said, searching up a Netflix movie on my laptop.

He began playing with his chained necklace, "Excuse you. If I'm gonna be watching some dumb romanced movie, there has to be food!"

I rolled my eyes at him, pushing his body slightly away from mine, "Oh, stop! A Christmas Prince is not boring, okay?"

Alex creased a brow at me, "So what's the point of watching this, Anderson if you already know it's not going to crack your head to sleep?" He asked daringly.

"I read the plot, okay?" I assured him.

"Whatever you say then," Alex shrugged, pulling open the bag of Doritos. I slapped his hand away from the chips and he gave me a weird look, "What was that all about?"

Giving my best death glare, I said, "The movie barely started and you're beginning to stuff yourself with Doritos?" I scolded.

The intro has finally begun when Alex offered if I wanted chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.

Whispering, I told him, "How many times have you asked me if I wanted anything to snack on? These are more than enough."

"Technically, food makes everything better, so eat up!" Alex offered with a grin," Especially when you just felt weak," He added.

"Trust me, I'm good."

The night was very dark and dim compared to the normal scenario every night. Everything did not look clear, all things that surrounded us appeared to be mysterious shadows.

As I continued to munch on sweet popcorn, and enjoying the movie, I felt two fingers wrapping themselves around a block of my hair.

My eyes widened. They kept turning and twisting on my ombre styled hair, somewhat playing.

I tried to hold back my cough so Alex would realize what he's doing. I bit on my bottom lip, hoping he'd stop because the feeling seems foreign, at the sane time familiar.

Ian has been pulling off the same flirtatious act with me, but Alex doing it seems so...different.

Alex blurted out out of nowhere, "You have very beautiful hair, Audrey."

"Thanks," I blushed.

~~~

The movie was very close to the climax when Alex abruptly complained for the 437th time, and it's only been an hour. Lil' Douche.

He tugged and played with my hair once again in satisfaction,"Hey, idiot, I don't want to watch the stupid movie anymore. I'm bored..."

I scoffed, "Well, what do you want to do?" I closed my laptop, waiting for his answer to my question.

"Let's play a game or something," Alex begged me like a hard-headed child with an Adam's apple, and I'm supposed to be his babysitter.

"Fine then. Let's play 'Douche will keep silent game and Idiot will continue watching her movie?' Sounds like a good deal to be honest!"

Alex chuckled, "You're awful at this, you know that?" He shook his hand, not surprised.

My finger was up, ready to protest when Alex continued, "Can we just talk?" He suggested, "Talk about our lives or something..."