t w e n t y e i g h t

"It's okay, Audrey," Shawn comforted me, cradling me in his arms as I cried after I ranted about what happened to me and Alex, "You wanted to prevent us from any harms way and I respect that."

Looking up at hin, I sniffed, "So you knew? You knew about me having amnesia and Alex and I's friendship?" I questioned, biting my trembling lower lip softly.

He appeared uncomfortable asking that question. He shifted then nodded, "I'm sorry. I did it for you," He said, trying to muster up a grin.

"It wasn't easy to keep such a secret from you. If you learned what you went through, I might have not seen that smile on you ever again," He explained.

He handed me a nice cup of Jasmine tea drizzled in honey, "Anyways, I'm sorry about you and Alex. Is there any way I could help you?" He asked with worried eyes.

Shaking my head, I replied through hiccups, "It's alright, Shawn. Thanks for being here anyways," I kissed his cheek, "I'll see you at dinner?"

"Alright," He nodded, getting up, "But if you must know, no matter the adversity you face, I'm always right here. Even if there are millions of boys who loved you, they'll never love you like the way I do," He smoothened his hand on my hair.

I gave his hand a subtle and tight squeeze, "Thank you so much, Shawn. You don't know how much this means to me..."

~~~

Ever since yesterday, my family has been acting uncomfortable around me since I know that I suffered a traumatic case of amnesia.

Well, except for Shawn. He sat next to me during the darkest of days, and remained as the loving and goody brother I grew to adore.

Mom would shoot me a worried look everytime we talk. And Dad? He won't bother talking to me and treat me I'm invisible since I also have an idea about my past.

And believe me, Dad and Mom went through a heated fight last night in their bedroom since Mom spilled the beans.

Abuela acted normal around me, but she ends up shifting in her position, and not making any direct eye contact with me.

Shawn and I sat next to each other at the dinner table, Dad sat at the head, Mom was seated on his right and Abuela on the other side.

Before us was a feast completed with a perfect roast, matched with gravy. The scent of the platter of steaming mashed potatoes knocked us off our feet, and to complete everything, a salad topped with vinaigrette was laid out on the table.

When the maids poured our glasses with water, Dad began talking about the Coopers boisterously.

This is currently a sensitive subject to me and he plans on just randomly talks about it? How inconsiderate my father is being!

"So, Mei..." He spread a silk napkin on his lap,"I think it's time to build another company, because I think that is the solution to gaining more finances than the Coopers!"

Mom gave me a side glance then looked at my dad worriedly. She placed a hand on top of Dad's, "Hon, not right now, please?" She said.

Abuela passed me the platter of potatoes then winked at me after whispering into my ear,"There you go, mija, to make you feel better."

I mouthed her a thank you which made me feel lighter on the inside. But hearing Dad spitting out shit in front of me when Alex and I broke up, and I learn that we used to have this connection with the Coopers is absoloutely heartbreaking and traumatizing.

Shawn must have noticed me looking quite uncomfy in my seat because he gave me a loving squeeze by my left hand and a tender loving smile.

Once Dad took a bite out of his roast, he turned to me, "Audrey, I hope you don't have any contact with that Cooper boy anymore."