t w en t y f i v e

I woke up with the rays of the sun passing through my curtains, and flashing spots of light on my face. My cheeks were still drenched with dried sticky tears from last night and my head was reeking with pain.

As I sat up straight, the events that happened last night came flooding back into my head like a tsunami. I looked look and noticed I was still wearing my outfit from last night.

My stomach was gurgling with hunger for I really didn't eat any dinner last night because from what I remembered, I left the steak house shedding tears.

But luckily, the sweet aroma of buttered cinnamon rolls filled my bedroom. I could just imagine it: a roll of perfectly soft toasted bread, drizzled in a large amount of cream cheese and dressed with melted butter.

It was a Monday today, so Mom and Dad are currently at work until 11 PM. So, Shawn and I had the entire house to ourselves.

There was a light knock on my bedroom door. I swiftly puffed my hair to make it look like I wasn't on my bed, rolling like an in insane person last night who got drunk.

Padding my lips with saliva, I croaked out, "Do come in..." I sighed, pulling the covers off my body.

Shawn entered the room with his dirty blonde hair messy from his sleep. He wore silk navy blue matching pajamas and he held a tray with two cinnabon rolls and orange juice while sporting a sleepy cute smile.

"Morning little sis!" He beamed at me happily before coming inside. He set the tray of delicacy looking breakfast on my desk.

A small smile made its way to my lips, "Good morning, Shawn. Did you sleep well last night?" I blinked.

He nodded, "How about you, how are you?" He took a seat next to me on the bed and handed me a warm bun...just the way I like it.

"I still feel pretty upset," I took a huge bite out of my breakfast then chewed,"I mean you do get my situation, right?" I looked up at him with an expectant glow.

After he took a sip from his orange juice, he look at me sincerely and dearly, "I'm sorry about this. When you left I tried to open their eyes but it didn't work," He whispered.

Nodding, taking in the information, I said, "Thanks for trying anyways."

"Did you talk to Alex already?" Shawn wondered, waiting for my reply,"He seemed really disappointed last night," He shrugged before biting into the sweet snack.

That rung a bell all of a sudden,"Huh. I will actually...later. I was too tired and out of energy last night."

"About Mom and Dad's attitude last—"

I cut him off, bringing my finger to the side of the roll and scooping up all the dripping cream cheese,"Forget it, they'll never understand," I sighed.

"No, Audrey," His voice cracked, "They'll learn to comprehend with this. I'll help you with it. They're just stressing out, that's all, they'll eventually come around," Shawn explained, his voice getting upbeat.

Being the stubborn girl I am, I fought back with my voice a little bit harsh, "Listen, Shawn, they won't!" I screamed the last part.

My brother looked taken aback and I fet guilty for it. We were silent for a moment just eating our warm breakfast when he finally said: