s e v e n t e e n

Today's activity was like a Q&A between partners mixed with intense hiking, every stop consists of questions for both.

My pink crop top was beginning to make a huge puddle at the back and my knees becoming more feeble as every second passed from the twenty kilometer run.

Alex bent down, still coming off strong from the nine kilometer run we had so far and he picked up a square, folded paper.

Letting out a deep huff escape my lips, I unraveled the question written on the paper in ink.

Favorite food

"What kind of fucking question is this?" Alex complained in a negative manner, "At this state, we'll never make it out here alive-unless we decide to..." A sly smirk built itself on his lips.

I seized him right there and then, "No, douche face, we're not going to cheat. It's unfair to the others," I reasoned with him, "Mine is easy anyways, you'll guess it."

"Donuts?"

"Pizza?"

"Sausage? Wait-no, my sausage!"

"Oof. Ouch! Chocolate?"

I shook my head, "C'mon, Alex, it's not that hard. I'm not very picky, you know, it's easy to guess," I tried to act all peppy for his sake.

After a few tries, he finally guessed it, "Ramen?!" He blinked for assurance, "Really? I'm so not taking you on a date. I'll go bankrupt, probably end up begging on the streets."

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes at him, "As if you'll take me on one in the first place," I mocked him to no end.

I pressed my lips together, "I presume yours is cum?" I said all sarcastically, earning a smack on the arm, "Ouch, okay, sandwiches?"

"Audrey, Audrey, sweet Audrey," He swerved his finger in front of my face while making the 'tsking' noise that goes with the beat, "It's very basic."

Rolling my eyes, I told him, "What? You love string cheese or something and eat it in the wrong way?" I chuckled as a nunber of campers ran past us.

"You're right about the food... and the way of eating, actually," Alex confessed, raking his fingers through his hair, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead.

My eyes lit up, "Sweet."

~~~

"We didn't win because we don't know each other that well," I pointed out, handing Alex a sweat towel, "We lack socializing skills I suppose. Unlike Maddy and Ben who won."

Alex wiped his persperation, "That's because they're a couple..." He grumbled at me with the tone of the obvious.

I leaned against the desk, "Are you saying we should be a couple?" I joked, clowning around, "Mr. Cooper?" I giggled.

"Yes, that's what I'm saying," Alex said, moving his face closer to me, our nose touching, lips centimeters away.

I shook my head at him, "I don't think so..." I pushed his face away from mine with a pointer finger then sang, "Remember, I'm in a relationship with Ian Morayne?"

"You know it doesn't suit you right?" He said blandly. Alex stopped for a moment, "No, not at all," He said to himself.

I furrowed my brows, knitting them together, "What doesn't suit me, exactly?" Then, I cocked a brow at him.

"Audrey Morayne?" My cheeks wore a perfect shade of dark red as I tried to hold them back.

He shook his head in disgust, "That's absurd, Anderson, honestly," He said in a disapproving manner.