10.

[jack]
zach left to go get gummy bears with jonah. they insisted on bringing me because they didn't want to be alone. i know they didn't trust me to be alone. but corbyn and daniel were almost home. i roamed around the house up and down the stairs up and down and up and down. i even vacuumed the house and cleaned my room which was disgusting filled with tissues and clothes everywhere on the floor. jonah was telling me he'd help me clean it tomorrow but i couldn't help but have the urge to. i was in the middle of folding when i heard a knock on the door.
"come in waiter" i joked.
daniel walked through the door holding a fold out table and in n out in his hand. i furrowed my brows.
"daniel i was kidding"
daniel smiled and scratched the back of his head. he sat down on the floor of my closet and started setting everything up on the table. his blue eyes locked contact with me motioning me to come sit down with him. i walked over to him sitting down in my closet. he pulled out two burgers and fries and put two straws through a milkshake. i gave him a look.
"you didn't have to" i said squeezing him across the table in a hug. he squeezed me harder.
"i'm sorry"
i let go of him.
"why?"
he took a bite and fixed up my hair pointing at the fries. i dipped it in the milkshake and ate it.
"not telling you"
i chewed my burger as i held in the tear i wanted to break out to him but i'd already cried too much and i didn't want to make him deal with it.
"...you can trust me" i mumbled taking another bite.
his fumbled with his bracelet as we both drunk from the straws.
"i know but i didn't want you to worry"
"i'm going to worry about you nothing will change that daniel"
"but i care about you and i don't want you to get hurt"
daniel took a fry from my hand and ate him rubbing his eyes.
"are you tired?" i questioned trying to switch up the subject.
"yeah last night wasn't the best for me" he sighed.
a million thoughts flooded to my head.
"did i do anything?" i said worriedly.
daniel noticed my hand shake as he put his on top of mine holding it.
"jack please."
i looked down to his hand his thumb rubbing mine to relax me.
"jack? jack?"
i looked back up as i finished the last bite of the burger.
"i'm ok" i said giving him the last sip of the milkshake. he moved the table out of the way between us cuddling in my lap. i looked down at him smiling.
"daniel"
he touched my nose and cuddled in a comfortable position. i let out a small laugh. he rolled up so he was looking at me. both of his arms slid up to my face on each side cupping my cheeks. he scrunched his nose making me laugh harder. he started bursting into laughter. at that moment we were just a both of idiots in my messy closet just laughing and laughing. that moment made me think how simple it was for me to be happy. seeing his smile. feeling my heart be filled with joy and love. feeling happy. that was the feeling i wanted. forever.
"daniel?"
he stopped laughing as he smiled.
"yeah?"
i messed his hair a little when i slipped next to him laying on the floor.
"thank you for making me happy"
daniel smiled.
"i haven't felt this happy for a long time"
a tear slipped from my cheek as daniel's blue eyes pooled of tears.
"i like you happy jacky"