12.

[jack]

what happened?

"jack?"

zach?

"zach you cant stay with him"

"he's my boyfriend!"

i felt a kiss being planted on my lips and one on my forehead.

"please don't let him die"

"zach please"

"just let me see him!"

i tried to see what was happening but the monitor beeped so loud.

"you're going to be ok jacky"

"you're going to be ok"

"c'mon daniel we have to go"

"no please i just want to see him"

"we will promise"

"promise"

—————————

i woke up with a jolt. my head hurt as my eyes scanned the room.
"zach?" i asked.
i heard zach walked through the door and dropped the things in his hands. he ran to my bed and squeezed me in a hug.
"jack!" he said through tears.
i didn't even react at first at the hug. i didn't even know what had happened.
"jack?"
my eyes shifted towards daniel who didn't even come to hug me. he broke down and started crying.
"jonah wake up hes awake!"
jonah's eyes fluttered open as he looked at me. he immediately got up and hugged my other side. and at that moment. i started to cry.
"w-what? j-jack why are c-crying?" i heard corbyn say through a cracked voice.
i finally squeezed all of them back as they pulled away. expect daniel. he got into the bed and cuddled near my shoulder and cried.
"daniel what's wrong?" zach said standing on my side.
when daniel cries he cries quietly and that's why everybody fell silent. he wiped his tears and sniffled cuddling closer to my body. he gently grabbed my hand and interlocked his fingers in mine. i felt a sting in my arm as i let go of it. zach held my other hand as he tilted my chin to face him.
"jack are you ok?" he said.
i wiped his tears away as i looked around the room. corbyn was laying on my bed in front of me and jonah had his hands placed on his shoulders.
suddenly i felt a jolt of pain again in my arm.
"ow!" i exclaimed holding my arm in my hand. i looked down to see it wrapped in a bandage. that's when the memories started flowing back in.

i grabbed his razor and pulled up my sleeve. it stung. the dark red blood pooled out of my skin as flinched at the pain. i felt my vision go dizzy.

and fuzzy

and fuzzier

"jack?"
i rubbed my eyes softly as i looked up.
"jack avery?" a nurse repeated.
the boys backed away from my bed. the nurse set a tray on my table as daniel squeezed my hand.
"i'm going to have you all leave" she said motioning the guys out the door.
"but you said we could see him" zach started.
"zach..."
"no i'm done with all of your guy's bullshit!"
zach left the room and looked back once at me.
no zach come back
but he didn't. he left with jonah and corbyn following him outside. i turned to daniel.
"sir i'm going to have you leave"
daniel inhaled as he didn't let let go. after a while he left the room.
"jack?" i heard him say almost out the door.
i looked over behind the nurse's shoulder.
"i love you"
i tried to say it back but if i opened my mouth i felt like tears instead of words would fall out.
i love you too i love you too
i repeated it over and over again hoping somehow he could hear me. then he walked out. the nurse turned to me.
"jack are you ok?"
i glanced down at my arm and then back to her.
i nodded.
no i'm not ok. can't you see i'm in pain?