(1920's) VI

"Am I suppose to feel this ridiculous?" Your best friend asks as she checks herself in the mirror.

"I don't know, but it is a party and you should look presentable." You said with a smile as you grab your red gown which, by the way, Alastor had bought for you.

Remembering what happened yesterday, you blushed in embarrassment.

"I-I should pay-"
"Nonsense Dear! A pretty gal like you deserves to be treated with such elegant treat~"
"B-But I-"
"No buts! Now go try it on!"

"Hey! Earth to (Name)! You okay? You just keep on staring at your red gown with a blush." Avis said as she quickly strip and quickly put on, on her usual outfit.

A Black long sleeve, and a pair of pants, flat shoes, and her usual white lab coat.

"W-What?" You quickly snapped out of reality and blink your eyes twice, looking at her with a nervous smile, but it quickly fade once you saw her in her usual lab clothing, "Don't Tell me you're going to the party looking like that." You said, half disgusted, and of course, half annoyed.

She glared at you, "I'm Avis. A scientists for goodness sake! And I don't need to look so presentable! I'm not there to please them with my looks. And neither do you." She said as she grab those pair of red high heels that belongs to you, "Why does everything have to be so red? Did you bought this gown?" She asked.

Not having a gut to lie, you said the truth, "No, The radio host, Alastor bought this for me. Remember when he invited me to be his date on that party?" You said, trying to put on the dress with Avis helping you from behind.

"Uh-Huh. . ." Was all she could said, and you sensed something is wrong.

"What's wrong?" You asked, looking at. Your shoulder so you could see a glimpse of her expression. Her face is blank, and seemed to be in a deep thought.

"Nothings wrong. It's just. . .Be careful around him, 'kay?" She said as she zipped the gown up from your bare back.

Confused. What does she meant by be careful around him? Does Avis see Alastor as a threat? No, he's harmless right? Right?

"What? Why?" You said turning front to her so you could clearly have a clear conversation.

"'what why'?" She mocked your reply, but with a serious face, "(Name) you just met him. Strangers, Strangers, (Name) be careful around 'em, alright?" She said, sounded mad but you couldn't blame her for her lacks of sleep.

You just nodded as you agree on her warnings. Alastor is just an acquaintance, he's not your friend yet, and it seems hard to trust someone without a strong bond.(You can't marry a man you just met.)

"So, when's the party going to start?" You asked with a smile as you check yourself in the mirror.

Avis looked at the Grand clock, and look up in the ceiling, she seem to be remembering. You looked at her and rose an eyebrow, waiting for her to reply.

"Oh! In an hour."

"IN AN HOUR?!"

-•-

The gown: