(1920's) XX

You couldn't sleep. No you couldn't. Not even when you close your eyes, try to relax yourself, even maybe read a boring book, non of them seem to put you to sleep. Probably because you're in a new environment, and you're not used of sleeping with this new mattress.

But seriously, you need sleep(Dear (Name) of 1920s, in our time you don't need sleep. PS, Author from the crumbling year of 2020)

"Sigh. . .Why cant I sleep?" You asked yourself.

Getting yourself up from the soft mattress, you sat down trying to figure out the reason as to why you're wide awake. You can't bother Alastor now since you know that he's fall asleep, and he had a rough and tiring day. You couldn't disturb him now.

You look at the grandfather clock, "It's already 2:55 am?" You said to yourself. Suddenly feeling a little unease.

You swore that the last time you check that grandfather clock, the time was 8 pm sharp. Weird.

You stand up, trying to figure out what to do with your main problem. You need sleep since you're going to open your store(If Alastor let's you to.)

Opening your door, you thought about getting some fresh air since it does helps you relax.

The creaks, just a little. The hallways were dimmed and you're pretty sure that the only light that's providing you right now is the moon light. You sigh.

Going out, you decided to head towards the garden to freshen up.

But, going there would be confusing since the house is big, you're new here, and the hallways are dimmed. But, you didn't care. Why? 'Cause you badly needed to relax.

"Alastor wouldn't mind me getting out alone in the garden right? I mean, it's safe."

Right? You didn't but your mind suddenly made that thought. Of course you're safe here. Alastor made sure of that.

Or did he? Where are these thoughts coming from? Your anxiety has leveled up. You already regretted going out of your room, but there's no going back knowing. . .

That you already got lost.

This part of the hallway is very unfamiliar. The supposed to be red carpet is now white, the supposed to be dark oak doors now turned into grey polished paint. And the once creamy white walls now turned into gold and white paint.

Where am I?

The hallways inside Alastor Manor aren't the same? That's unusual for a design.

But knowing this. It felt like you're not in the Manor anymore. Its like, you're in a different house, place, and....

Time?

You looked outside and it was day light. The sky were clear, and it's such a happy weather. You also noticed that outside wasn't the same with the once Alastor had.

If Al's Mansion has a unique type of welcome fountain, this time it hasn't. Everything is different. Something is off, and you know that you're not dreaming. You're wide awake that's for sure.

Suddenly you heard voices, "M'lady, it's time to wake up." A British accent voice called out at the end of the hallway.

You walked there to find out, and maybe, just maybe ask what's going on.