(1920's) XIV

The whole place looks new and looks pleasing in the eye but something was missing. Of course! The pastries that were supposed to be bake.

You wasted no time to get all the delicious cakes to be done. You put all your efforts on it and didn't even shed a single swear as you think of Alastor. They say that if a food is made out of love, it will be surely delicious.

The bell door rings signaling that someone had came in. You can clearly hear it from the kitchen, but why would anyone enter when there's no display of pastries at the front? It wouldn't be Avis because she's in town grabbing more ingredients for you to bake.

You quickly wipe off your hands covered with flour on your cute by waited white apron. You didn't realized that you had some flour on your cheek.

You came out of the kitchen seeing a man in his early 30's, his hair was dark brown, neatly combed sideways and little strands of hair was sticking out going for his forehead, and yet the comb was still neat. Though, his eyes were really eye catching.

His left eye has a scar that's been cut vertical and the orbs turned to slit, meaning that the left eye was severely damage and it's blind from the view. The right one. It was red. A non common eye color for someone unless they have some sort of decease.

He's also wearing a fancy black suit with faint blue electric streaks on them. He also has a leather brown of a fedora. And a red bow tie.

(Art by Kyo Art at Tumblr)

He's wearing a smirk, and you swore you saw that face somewhere in the news paper.

"Well, I didn't expect this new opened bakery to have such a beautiful owner." He said. Making you feel a little uncomfortable with his compliment.

He walked closer towards the counter of where you're standing at.

"May I ask what's on the menu today?" He asked, tilting his head to the side while he changed his smirk with a soft smile. But deep inside, you knew that his smile was just a facade.

"Well. . .I haven't baked anything yet, but Cinnamon and Chiffon is on the menu for today! Do you want anything like Tiramisu and Red Velvet cake?" You said. The man was thinking of what he's going to order while he stares at your face, which made you feel a little more uncomfortable. Hey! Only Al can stare at you for that long!

The man in your front didn't notice someone had walked behind him. The person from behind was more taller than him, his shadow looked over to the man who had asked on what's on the menu.

Then the stranger from his behind spoke, "I would like two Red Velvet, Darling~" he spoke with such elegant type of tone. His voice was so deep it made it sound like he's seducing with he said darling.

The man who has a fedora and tilt his head to the side to see who it was. He's not even Startled.

"Val, I though I told you to wait for me at the company?" The man spoke.