(1920's) XVII

Everyone stayed quiet, including the chief. It's giving everyone the suspense, except for Avis. There's a reason why Marianne was handicapped. She's one of the possible suspects.

"Ms. Avis." The chief called her attention, you watched as Avis looked a little disturbed. You've never seen this side of her.

Her once calm demeanor now turned into a nervous yet look so normal self.

"Yes?" Her tone of voice shakes a little, and you notice every changes in her self for this time.

"So far we have a positive suspect. The knife that was stained with Greg Hanscom's blood has a fingerprint and this belongs to. . ." He paused, fixing his glasses.

Nobody spoke a word, You and Alastor could only listen and watch. You tried to look up to him, seeing how he's going to react with everything that's happening now, and when you did look up to him. . .

You saw a small smirk on his facial features.

"Alastor. . .?" You called out, but before Al could look down at you, the chief had already declared who the culprit is.

"It belongs to your Butler, Ms. Asmodeus. The fingerprint of the knife that is stained with Greg Hanscom's blood belongs to Marianne Benett." He said.

Everyone, including Avis looked at Marianne.

You don't know what expression Avis' hold, but it surely made her Butler shake in fear. Tears slipping down from her eyes.

"No-! Ms. Asmodeus! I-It wasn't me! I-I swear!" She pleaded, standing up from where she seated as she kneeled down infront of the scientist.

"Benett." Avis called out, hearing her voice this cold and expressionless made a chill ran down to your spine.

You saw Martin flinch as she still kneeled at the scientists feet.

The police were about to take away Marianne but Avix stopped them. For a little while that is.

"P-Please. . .M-Ms. Avis! It wasn't me! It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" She repeated, crying. You can hear the fear in her voice. You felt so sorry for the female, you wanted to help her, you wanted to defend her, but she's on the wrong.

Her fingerprints proved that she's the one who killed your best friend.

She killed your best friend.

"Benett. Get up. Now." Avis growled.

"Ms. Avis!"

"I said now!" She screamed, angrily.

The female quickly get up. She was crying. Even though she's taller than any guy inside the room(except for Al) she totally looked powerless towards Avis.

You still don't know what expression she made that made the female shake this horribly.

Seeing that not even her brother is calming her down, you know it's best to do something than to watch everything get worse.

But still, that little smirk Alastor made, it made you feel uncomfortable.

"Avis!" You called out to her.

Her, Marianne and Avix looked at you.

"Love, don't. Let them handle this." Alastor said trying to sit you up from your seat once again. But you didn't, instead you looked at him with a sad smile.

"I can't just let Avis hurt her." You said, which made Alastor stop and stare at you, "Even though she killed Greg." You said, looking back at them.

You can hear Marianne whimpered. But you know Avis too much to let her ran down some scary experiment on the poor girl. She may have murdered your friend, but she doesn't deserve torture. Lock her up, that would be enough to pay for her doings.