Meeting the Team

Chapter 2

Everyone was already there when we got to the briefing room. Greg introduced me, and had everyone introduce themselves.

The first guy was tall, bald, and had blue eyes.

“I’m Ed Lane the team leader. I’m a sniper and in charge of tactical options.”

The next guy had short sandy blond hair and blue-green eyes.

“I’m Sam Braddock another sniper.”

“I’m Kevin Wordsworth the CQC and Less Lethal Weapons Expert. You can call me Wordy.” This came from a guy who looked about 6ft with light brown hair and hazel eyes.

The last guy had dark brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes that held the same trace of pain Greg’s did. It took me a second to realize that they all had the same look of pain, and remember that one of their guys stepped on a landmine. The reason I was here.

“I’m Michelangelo Scarlatti, but people usually call me Mike or Spike. I’m the Explosives Expert for the team.” The introduction snapped me out of my thoughts. 

“So, Thunder what do you do?” asked Sam.

“I’m best at tactical work and shooting, but I can also handle explosives.”

“Wow. Sounds kind of like my kind of girl.” Spike said. I don’t think he meant to say it out loud because he looked a little surprised when Sam and Ed started teasing him.

He shook it off and asked me, “Am I going to have any competition for the title of Explosives Expert?”

“I don’t think so, I just look at bombs like puzzles and I’m good at puzzles.”

He nodded, and before anything else could be said an alarm went off.

“Team One hot call.”