Back to Work

Chapter 33

Thunder’s POV

6 monthes later

As I walked through the SRU doors I couldn’t keep a huge grin from spreading across my face. I was finally allowed to come back to work. I ran into Ed and Wordy on my way to the locker room.

“Hey, guys. Miss me?” I said in the ridiculously happy voice I had been talking in since last week when Greg called and told me when I could come back.

“It’s been a long and hard 6 monthes T.” Ed replied. “And what is with you? You never talk like that.”

“Just happy to be back. No, more like overjoyed. I’m going to go change. See you guys in the workout room.”

I pushed through the door and saw Jules. “Hey.”

She turned. “Hey, long time, no see. How was your extended vacation?”

I grinned. “OK. I went down to Quantico and saw my brother and his team. I ended up helping Garcia do a background check on every member if a small town in Iowa.”

“Wow. Did you do anything related to staying at home?”

“I may have annoyed almost everyone in my building that has an apartment by the stairs.”

“Why am I not surprised? Come on. We can’t bug the guys about staying in the locker room and gossiping if we do it ourselves.

When we got to the locker room we were greeted with applause. “Welcome back Thunder. You have no idea how hard it’s been without you.” Greg said.

“Awww. I missed all of you too.” I said.

“Cause any trouble while you were on leave?” Sam asked.

“Well everyone who has apartments by the stairs on floors 1, 2, and 5 hate me.” I replied.

“What about 3 and 4?” Ed asked.

“And why do they hate you?” Jules asked.

“I live by the stairs on 4 and the lady on 3 saw me as someone to baby so she was really nice to me.” I answered Ed. Then I turned to Jules, “I got bored so I ran up and down the stairs for about two hours every day.”

“She also spent a month helping track down killers in Quantico.” Spike put in.

“Was two monthes ago when you seemed totally lost?” Sam teased him.

“Define totally lost for me Samo.”

“I don’t know how too exactly. He just seemed a little more…subdued.” He replied.

“Aww.” I said elbowing Spike.

“Good show of control T.” Wordy teased.

“I’m now displaying an even better one, Word.” I replied.

“How so?”

“I could have tripped you on that treadmill.” I said, smiling sweetly.

Everyone laughed. “It’s good to have you back T.” Ed said.

Then the alarm went off. “Team One, hot call. Hostage situation, shots fired.”

We ran to the gun cage. Yep. It’s good to be back.

So I’ve gotten support on the Criminal Minds crossover sequel idea, so I’m going to do it. Keep an eye out.