Kidnapped

Chapter 28

I walked across the parking lot toward my car. Stupidly I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on around me. I was replaying today’s call in my head, smiling to myself about the result. I unlocked the doors of my little red Mustang, eager to get home and call Garcia and Spike. I didn’t notice him until it was too late.

“Hello darling.” Chance said in that annoying, calm, low voice.

I turned and glared at him. His dark blue eyes glittered with amusement. His perfect teeth showed in a menacing smile. I didn’t realize I was backing away until I ran into my car. I immediately took an extra step forward to give myself a little extra space to move away. He didn’t take it that way.

“If you want to give your boyfriend a proper hello, then don’t let the fact we’re standing in a parking lot stop you.”

“That’s kind of hard to do when I’m not talking to my boyfriend.” I said trying to stay calm. But in my mind I was killing him in so many different painful ways. I was up to 79 when he replied.

“That’s no way to talk to me.”

“Too bad.” I hissed.

He took another step forward. “It’s not your choice.”

“What the hell do you want?”

“You.”

“I would never go with you.” My voice changing from a hiss to a snarl.

“Too bad.” He threw my words back in my face as he plunged a syringe into my arm. Immediately whatever drug it was took effect and I blacked out.