1. Stuck in the Club

"Bottoms up! Bottoms up!"

Five people around the table emptied the glasses, except one.

"Boss, why are you spoiling the party?!" She was drunk, otherwise she couldn't dare to talk to her boss like that.

Lu Fei exhaled irritably but said nothing. He hated nightclubs, loud music, eye-hurting lights, drunk people... But still he had to be with them as these five were his employees and he promised to take them out to celebrate if the project was a success. And it was a success, so there they were.

Lu Fei checked the time again: 01.16. They had been in the club only for two hours but he was already bored to death. All he wanted to do was to go home and sleep for the entire weekend. Maybe I can find an excuse to leave early, he thought but he already used all of his excuses, nothing left. Could he use 'bored to death' as an excuse?

"Anything else?"

The waiter brought him back to reality, "Ha?"

The waiter leaned a little forward, "do you want to order something else?" he yelled so that he could hear him under the loud music.

Even under that stupid lights, Lu Fei noticed that his hair was silver gray, all the freaks work in places like this, he thought while shaking his head.

The waiter made an OK sign and went away.

"Beer pong!"

Oh, great! Lu Fei rolled his eyes and took out his smartphone to play with it. As the negative happenings tended to bring more negativity, he saw that the phone was out of battery! While he was thinking what to do, the silver-haired waiter came into his sight. As anything was better than watching his employees embarrassing themselves, Lu Fei decided to watch the guy.

Lu Fei's family was one of the richest families in China so Lu Fei was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He never needed to work part-time or think about his future. He, of course, studied business in university and completed his master's in business in England. Right after he came back to China, his father left his position to him. Now, he was only 28 but had experience as a CEO for three years.

"Boss, play with us," the same drunk girl, Lei Lei, was bothering him again. It wasn't a secret that she had a crush on her boss but Lu Fei ignored the signs. He didn't want romance in his life, he was happy only with the work. Yet.

"I'm busy," he saved his arm from her grip gently and continued to watch the waiter.

The more he watched the more he found him interesting. Although the club was full with people, the waiter was trying to avoid touching people as much as he could. Lu Fei saw when someone tapped him from behind, he jumped out of his skin. Why are you doing this job if you don't like people? Lu Fei mumbled as nobody could hear him under the heavy music.

Unaware that a pair of black eyes were watching him intensely, Zhao Yu Lin was doing his job diligently as he needed this job to pay to the gang which he borrowed money from.

"Nice!" Zhao Yu Lin felt a hand on his butt and jumped back with fear immediately, the tray slipped from his grip and all the glasses shattered on the floor. He turned around to leave the scene but the drunk man caught him by the arm.

"Don't go! Let's have fun!"

Yu Lin started trembling uncontrollably, his heart was pounding so fast that he was on the verge of fainting.

"Let him go," Lu Fei pushed the drunken man away from Yu Lin who was still in a daze.

"What if I don't?!" The drunkard pushed his luck but regretted it immediately as Lu Fei sent him to the floor with a punch, unconscious.

Then he turned to the shocked waiter who was still standing there with a pale face. He held his arm, being afraid that he might collapse but his touch brought the waiter back to his senses and he pushed Lu Fei away from him with his shaky hands before running to the staff room.

Lu Fei kept staring behind him, puzzled by his reaction. "You're welcome!" he yelled although he knew he couldn't hear him, and left the club angrily.